Please forgive me as I am still really new to making themes, but I'm kind ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Need help with sliding dock please

Advertisement

Please forgive me as I am still really new to making themes, but I'm kind of stuck and could use a bit of help

The theme I am currently working on has an 18-icon sliding dock, which I made according to a tutorial by MattG, as well as it has the hidden today. When in Theme Builder I have the navigation set up so that I can move from the sound profiles in the banner, down to the today area, then down to the first icon on the sliding dock. This is where the issue is.

For some reason, when there is no text in the today area, scrolling from the sound profiles down to the first icon makes the entire dock shift one direction then back again rather than just smoothly scrolling down. It looks like its goes to the dock, slides through the icons and back to slot 1, if that makes sense.

Is there a way to fix this so that navigating from the sound profiles to the first icon on the dock (when there are no today entries) looks smoother?

Also, is there an easy way to make this a sliding dock that can be hidden with hot keys?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Have you watched my tutorial on the sliding dock? Are you sliding all one way or the traditional spit each way? I am not a fan of hotkeys so I can't help you there. Sometimes the sound profile can be a problem with svg's specially if they are hidden. I always start my navigation with the showapps with the hideapps on the left and the 1st icon on the right, then the today on top if it is a bottom dock that is. Check out my tutorial on the mag's twist on hidden bottom dock. It is set up like the slider, you need three different layers. Let me know what you figure out

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Have you watched my tutorial on the sliding dock? Are you sliding all one way or the traditional spit each way? I am not a fan of hotkeys so I can't help you there. Sometimes the sound profile can be a problem with svg's specially if they are hidden. I always start my navigation with the showapps with the hideapps on the left and the 1st icon on the right, then the today on top if it is a bottom dock that is. Check out my tutorial on the mag's twist on hidden bottom dock. It is set up like the slider, you need three different layers. Let me know what you figure out
    Yeah I did try to follow your tutorial first, but it just confused me even more

As far as my dock, it only slides to the right, then back again. But the sound profile isn't hidden or part of the svg (I just checked the box for it to show on Theme Builder). The only thing my svg incorporates is the WS in the banner and the sliding dock. But I'm starting to think maybe there is no fix for this and it just is what it is
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Is it checked in your banner area items or unchecked. your hidden today will not show up until you are on a icon that's part of that feature such as messages, calendar, etc. That is unless there is some miraculous trick I have missed in the last 5 years. I take it this is OS5 for your curve

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Is it checked in your banner area items or unchecked. your hidden today will not show up until you are on a icon that's part of that feature such as messages, calendar, etc. That is unless there is some miraculous trick I have missed in the last 5 years. I take it this is OS5 for your curve
    Thanks for the reply and my apologies for not remembering to come back and update this earlier.

My problem wasn't with the today text itself, it was with the behavior of the dock. BUT I tweaked around with the navigation path and got it working smoother so at least its not shifting around when focused on and that really all I was worried about.

So that made me extremely happy as I was able to release my 4th theme... Yah me!! LOL!!

Thanks again!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info