I want to attempt to sell some of my better themes and as such I ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question MobiHand acct approved... now what?

Advertisement

I want to attempt to sell some of my better themes and as such I applied for the MobiHand Developer Partner program. I received email confirmation that I was accepted and an account has been setup for me, so I immediately logged in to start setting up a theme I had ready to go. That's where the problem started

I added a product, filled out the "Overview" information (title, description, price etc). Moved on to the next tab, "Activation", and have been stuck there every since.

In the meantime, I looked at some of the other tabs involved with setting up this one theme to sell and have found other areas that I'm not sure what to do with. For example, under the "Version/Files" tab it wants a backup file URL which I don't have.

Is there anyone that could help explain and get me started please?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Start out in the Overview and make sur you have your OTA in one folder with the COD's zipped not the jad just the cod's. Move to the version/file section on this page first add a version number I usually use 1.0, then move to the ota and browse for your jad file, then browse for your zip file. Then move on to the screen shots. It's important to add these to the section, then save and upload. Next move to the Activation section hit the drop down and select commercial, I suggest checking the instant notification and add your email then you will know when someone has purchased your theme then save. Move to the device section and varify that the devices your theme is for are checked.

Once this is done go back to products, find your theme check the box next to it and go to the bottom and check publish. If all your information is correct it will go live. You can check by hitting the search to the right and it will take you to your theme.

By the way don't worry about the backup URL I never give one either

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Start out in the Overview and make sur you have your OTA in one folder with the COD's zipped not the jad just the cod's. Move to the version/file section on this page first add a version number I usually use 1.0, then move to the ota and browse for your jad file, then browse for your zip file. Then move on to the screen shots. It's important to add these to the section, then save and upload. Next move to the Activation section hit the drop down and select commercial, I suggest checking the instant notification and add your email then you will know when someone has purchased your theme then save. Move to the device section and varify that the devices your theme is for are checked.

Once this is done go back to products, find your theme check the box next to it and go to the bottom and check publish. If all your information is correct it will go live. You can check by hitting the search to the right and it will take you to your theme.

By the way don't worry about the backup URL I never give one either
    Thanks for the reply Papa!!

I'm so happy to read this because I spent another two hours working on it this morning, on top of the two I spent last night. But I had done everything you said (also uploaded to BBthemeLab and created a public URL to include as backup), then tried to test it and the MobiHand link they give for doing so didn't work. So I said heck with it, published it anyway. Then went to a different theme URL, changed the product ID in the URL to mine and added it to my shopping cart. From there I created a coupon for myself giving me a 100% discount and proceeded to purchase it.

I received email confirmation that I had an order, the order was processed and I was able to download it OTA without any problems. So thankfully I did something right

Now if I could just figure out what the exact URL is so I can start posting it without having to go through and edit someone else's LOL!!

Thanks again!!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The link you want to use to direct users to your theme for purchase is located at the top of the mobihand post. So when you click on the search in your products list it will bring up the mobihand post for your theme, at the top there is a link that will read something like http://www.mobihand.com/ProductPrevi...nContentType=1 this is an example of what you should be looking for

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    The link you want to use to direct users to your theme for purchase is located at the top of the mobihand post. So when you click on the search in your products list it will bring up the mobihand post for your theme, at the top there is a link that will read something like http://www.mobihand.com/ProductPrevi...nContentType=1 this is an example of what you should be looking for
    OK, there weren't any links a little bit ago, but I just went to check again and there were two I could click on to view it. So I got the URL now, but will it work correctly since my theme is not yet searchable and doesn't appear on their themes list or new apps list?

Thanks as always for being such a HUGE HELP!!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info