Hey all, Iv'e been trying to build a simple theme for some days now. Started ... Software & Theme Development forum

burgundy00789 no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing Icons,Missing Focus

Advertisement

Hey all,
    Iv'e been trying to build a simple theme for some days now. Started with CDK 4.7, now using 4.6......
    It seems that whenever I select Blackberry Icons in composer they will not show up on my home screen when installed! If I select device application order they DO show up with exception of the menu application(bblogo). In either case my focus icon refuses to appear on the home screen!! Im keeping the icons the correct size for my 8330 curve (48x36),......If anyone has any insight before I pull out what little hair I have left I'd appreciate it!! Oh and BTW I can NEVER manage to get the simulator to work!!

PS to Plazmic,... you have what could be a great program if youd just finish it!! For example why doesnt Theme Extras Status Text get the font Highlight color box so I can make it match all my other text!!!!!!!!!

PSS I have the latest OS 4.5, CDK 4.6, Curve 8330, Simulator 4.2.0.18(or something like that....
    Last edited by burgundy00789; 07-14-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: include info

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ok...
    first, are you in composer or theme builder?
    when you get the theme on your phone are there just no icons at all?
    what type of theme are you making? zen, custom, today?

PS to Plazmic,... you have what could be a great program if youd just finish it!! For example why doesnt Theme Extras Status Text get the font Highlight color box so I can make it match all my other text!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean by that one?

I'd recommend going back up to the 4.7 cdk from personal experience I like it much more.
    for the simulator jsut go to edit>preferences> click the simulator tab and then select your screen resolution 320x240 then also select 8330 and then the simulator you have installed on your computer. if you have a 4.2 simulator I'd recommend getting a newer one you may have issues with theme builder trying to export to 4.5 and using a 4.2 sim...
    get back to me about this I'll get ya going on this man! before to long your going to be addicted to theme builder! haha

oh ps, since you have the 8330 you don't really need the bb logo button just wasts space IMO
    pps dumb question up top about what type of theme you are making I just remembered that in the zen style you can't click device app order...
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-16-2009 at 06:27 AM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

burgundy00789 no está en línea Stack level 1

RE:missing Icons...

Thanks for the reply Lucifer!

I was trying to build a custom home screen using composer,thrn load the svg into theme builder. I was trying to make a U theme similar to the L thats on the berry already. So i was selecting custom in theme builder....I have since successfully created a zen theme with icons on both the right and left using just theme builder.

To answer your other questions though, the icons would only appear when I selected device order, then they would all show up on my berry except the menu application, which wasnt device order. If I chose the blackberry application icons they just wouldnt show, only the status text when i focused on the missing icons, also in either casem the actual yellow focus underlay was also missing!

I was using that version of simulator because it looked like the only one that had the 8330 in it!? The latest version only seemed to support the 9500 or something.... but if the latest version supports them all in addition to adding the 9500, I will just grab that and hopefully will make one less problem. I will also go back to 4.7 cdk as 4.6 seems buggier to me! Whenever i tried to make icons on it it made them 80x80 size for the curve???

In my PS to Plazmic I was referring to what seems to be unique to themebuilder when you choose custom theme, in the inspector pane under theme home screen tab under theme extras drop down, you can select the font color and text options for whatever icon your focused on, on the home screen, but unlike every other font box that has a forground color and the a highlight color box, you only have one box so you cannot possibly match this exactly to the look of your other fonts.

Sorry for the novel here lol, I realize that most the issues arise when svg code is introduced from composer, and Im not quite ready to edit lines of code to get my look!

I will re-install 4.7 cdk and grab the latest version of simulator and give it yet another go, until then my double zen theme will do the job!! Thanks again for the reply Lucifer!!

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    In composer check the focus order make sure is the order you want. Also if the order of the icons is not the same order show up in the application menu, what you can do is go in the svg file and edit the icon order yourself. Search the svg file for slot and see each button is set to what icon. The first icon in the application menu is slot0. So if you want your button 1 open the first application make sure all the button 1 inside the svg file is set to slot0. There should be 2 set of button 1 you have to change since first part of the code that point the button 1 to slot0 is control the display of the icon and the 2nd part is control when you click button 1 what will open up so you need to make sure both is point to the same application order. Also the focus will not show also if you using the composer because you have to code it yourself to get it to work. Someone already post how to get the focus to work here. Just look around and you'll found it. Hope that'll answer your question

Burgundy,
    I hope that the 4.7 cdk treats you beter I don't believe you'll be having these issues with it.
    I'm on my berry now so I'll come back and post a link later, you can find all of the device simulators on blackberry.com
    here is your link

If you want to make a U shaped theme you shouldn't even have to touch composer, unless you want to do something REALLY in depth, stick with theme builder for now, and just think simple, it s a very easy to use program but if you over think it I could see some issues arising.

Just remember, have fun with it, just play around. If your still pretty new to theme builder, I'd recommend making a "trash" theme. Knowing it is something you'll never put on any device just play around and see all of what you can do, I mean really just start clickin' buttons. then continue making stuff that you do want in your device.
    A little practice makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck and feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-17-2009 at 02:20 PM.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Everyone is pretty much hitting the nail on the head. The only thing I disagree on is using plazmic 4.7 to build Curve themes. Just my opinion though, it never fails that I run into problems with 4.7. As far as the focus thing, if just building a simple u theme, stick to theme builder, use composer for animated docks and super complex stuff. The focus problem in composer can be fixed, check out my tutorial here. Hope we were able to ease your pain. Trust me, we all have gone through it and had all the same questions you have.

holster, what version do you use to build curve themes?
    just curious...
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I use 4.6, I have both versions, but only use 4.7 for storm and the other newer models.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~