I made a theme for a coworker for her 4.3 OS Sprint 8330. I uploaded ... Software & Theme Development forum

Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Missing icon in Plazmic Zen theme....

Advertisement

I made a theme for a coworker for her 4.3 OS Sprint 8330. I uploaded it on her phone using the newest version of Desktop Manager. I used the basic water icons that come in the sample folder of Plazmic. When I first made the theme it had the normal 5 icons with the applications icon at the bottom. However when I exported it, the bottom icon dissappeared. When I loaded it on her phone it was also missing. All of the brower buttons were also set to hidden.
    ......What have I done??

I have made a bunch for my 4.5 OS T-Mobile 8320 and never had a single problem. So of course when I try to show someone my "skills" it screws up!!
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

lonestarbuzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    did you make a 4.5 theme then try to put it on a 4.3 phone? i think that may be the issue. i'm sure the experts will be along soon, but you might want to check that while we wait.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd have to ask what the icon was?

I've noticed if I make a theme and I use the icon for sms (as I don't have MMS capabilities with sprint) instead sms and mms, and throw that theme on a phone with MMS cababilities that SMS (only) icon will disappear. if I re-build the theme with the SMS and MMS icon it seems to show up.
    don't know why it works that way but, that may be your issue.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz View Post
    did you make a 4.5 theme then try to put it on a 4.3 phone? i think that may be the issue. i'm sure the experts will be along soon, but you might want to check that while we wait.

from my experience if you export for OS 4.5 and try to put it on a 4.3 phone it will just tell you
    "no additional apps found (something something)"

but yes lonestarbuzz brings up a good point did you make sure to export for OS 4.5?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

I made the theme in 4.2 and thats the one she has on the phone right now. When the icon dissappeared I tried the theme in 4.5 and I got the "no applications" error.

It was the calender icon that dissappeared. So I clicked and dragged another icon to replace it and it wasnt there either.

I did make the theme with SMS and MMS. I did the option when you right click on the icons and choose a folder with icons and click "replace all'. Then it automatically loads all the icons....
    T-Mobile

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    4.3 os has issues with plazmic for some reason most of my issues when posting and making themes is with people with 4.3 I'm not sure why. Trying to figure it out but no answers yet. It doesn't seem to matter 4.2.1, 4.2, or 4.5

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    4.3 os has issues with plazmic for some reason most of my issues when posting and making themes is with people with 4.3 I'm not sure why. Trying to figure it out but no answers yet. It doesn't seem to matter 4.2.1, 4.2, or 4.5
    Thanks, maybe I need to get her to upgrade to 4.5..
    T-Mobile

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    That sounds like the problem to me. Playing with making my own now but, have not done more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    And idea why the icon would be gone in Plazmic?? Not only on the phone but its missing in there too....Before I put it on her phone.
    T-Mobile

have you tried re-loading the image in the theme builder?

is missing from your catalogs?

I did reload the icons. And I started a new theme and imported the old one and it had the icon for a minute. Then I exported the theme and the icon dissappeared again.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That is so wierd.
    I guess you were not meant to use that icon.
    I don't know what to say.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I switched the icon a few times, and everytime it still was gone. It was the Zen profile and it was the bottom icon right above the applications icon.
    I made two more themes last night and they're alright.
    T-Mobile

Help! It happened again! But this time I haven't even exported it!
    After hours on this dang theme the same lower icon in the zen theme was POOF! Gone!
    I started a whole new theme too.
    I think plazmic may have it out for me this week..