Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi i am having the same problem.I am not able to connect to web from ... Software & Theme Development forum

balaji6969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MDS related problem

i am having the same problem.I am not able to connect to web from bb simulator.I am usiong 8100 simulator.I am getiing connection not found error.Please help me to make conection established.

naman91 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi everyone
    i have a simulator that just refuses to connect to the internet, i have mds and i have the latest JDE version... please help me out! I have tried everything i know of and still failed :cry:

thanks in advance.

sebt81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kortez
    I need alot of help i have the blackberry 7510 but the mds simulator doesnt work, the window just opens and closes. ive been working on
    a solution for this problem for ah cuple of days but i can find out how to work it im very fustrated if thiers anybody that knows how to fix this can you help me please i would appreciate it.
    Hi, I'm probably a little late for you on this one, but for any others searching and finding this thread, I had the same problem:
    - the MDS simulator was launching a console window and closing almost immediately.
    - when attempting to establish an internet connection from the device simulator it returned "unable to connect to the selected mobile data service please try again later"

I tracked down what the MDS batch file was actually doing and managed to determine that the problem was the value of my JAVA_HOME environment variable. Although I had jdk1.5 installed on my machine which the latest blackberry tools require, my JAVA_HOME variable was still pointing at my j2sdk1.4.1 installation which I was using for other apps. The batch file is written to use the JAVA_HOME variable if it is defined, otherwise it uses the JRE defined by your windows PATH settings; therefore if your JAVA_HOME variable points to an incompatible java version then the batch file just ends and the console window closes without keeping any output showing to indicate the cause of failure.

I updated JAVA_HOME to my jdk1.5 location and MDS now runs fine and stays open, and I am able to make internet connections from within the blackberry device simulators as expected.

Last edited by sebt81; 06-13-2007 at 12:03 PM.

JBREEZY no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: MDS related problem

I deleted the Desktop IPPP Service Book, swapped the browser from Internet to blackberry in the default view of the browser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12