On the topic of uninstalling... We are using the RMS (Record Management Store) in our ... Software & Theme Development forum

rahul_mundke no está en línea Stack level 1

J2ME application uninstallation on Blackberry doesnot delete RMS entries

Advertisement

On the topic of uninstalling...

We are using the RMS (Record Management Store) in our J2ME application. On uninstalling an application, this store is not cleaned up. it remains completely intact. Another install of the same app gives the user access to the complete database left behind.

We would like to avoid this case -- on uninstall, we would like to delete all records from the RMS for our application.

Is there a standard install/uninstall framework for Blackberry where we could register custom uninstall actions?

Thanks for any help,
    Rahul

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: J2ME application uninstallation on Blackberry doesnot delete RMS entries

Bump, still need help rahul? Welcome to pinstack.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

As this might get more views from knowledgeable members in the Software Development Forum, I've moved it there.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

maximax no está en línea Stack level 2

From what i know, RMS store will not get cleaned up if you are using Strings to save your values. RIM recommends that you use a custom data type object in your apps. Perpahs you can try that.