Hi guys I have idea for app that will let you move cursor right to ... Software & Theme Development forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

is this app posible to do?

Advertisement

Hi guys

I have idea for app that will let you move cursor right to left on bb without the trackball? I would like to design software to be able to setup keys on a bb to allow to move cursor right and left. Is it possible?

Thanks,
    Joe

josueconde no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20388D1F

Re: is this app posible to do?

Hmmm.. That's why the trackball is there for. This would be more useful on the older BBs without a trackball.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

I think that it would be a useful tool for people that have trackballs that aren't working anymore or are stuck. You read about that problem a lot.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i want to make it older bb, the ones that don't have trackball, I have trackwheel, would like to make this app, just want to know if possible. Will look into it tonight more in depth.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i know opera mini beta has that function where you can move the by pressing buttons, will email them and ask them to point me in the right package that used.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

THAT WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCK! As flimsy as those trackballs have proven to be .. I mean you never heard anybody complain about their TRACK WHEEL falling out!!!!

I am FURIOUS right now cuz i have to get a new Pearl cuz my freakin trackball is busted .. and totally incapacitated my Blackberry. and we should also make ALLLLLL 3rd party apps .. follow RIM's lead and make their menus "first-letter-activated" where you can type the firs letter of an item on a drop-down menu and it then becomes hilighted ... I felt crippled with out the ability to scroll on my Pearl .. .and have to get a brand new one!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so are you the trackball is not good, I keep thinking about upgrading to 8830 with trackball, since people complain about I will rethink it about getting it. But I will try very hard to develop this app for everyone to use here.

lawizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242965bf

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are several games that take advantage of special keys eo move the curser right,left,up,down. Some of the keys used have been j for right l for left u for up and b for down or bottom. Also s for right f for left e for up and d for down. Haven't a clue how you do it though.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have idea will use the same way that oper mini beta guys did it, they used virtual keys and mapped them, just got to get more info.if anyone has another idea please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Quote Originally Posted by joek71
    Hi guys

I have idea for app that will let you move cursor right to left on bb without the trackball? I would like to design software to be able to setup keys on a bb to allow to move cursor right and left. Is it possible?

Thanks,
    Joe
    I have tried the Opera mini beta ( their latest web brouser) , they have done something similar to what you state, with the use of the ( numbers on my 8700g i can move left to right and up to down it is weird but it is not a bad application.

Hope this helps .

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by josueconde
    Hmmm.. That's why the trackball is there for. This would be more useful on the older BBs without a trackball.
    What makes you say that? Alt and the trackwheel will move the cursor left and right.

There were keys for left and right on older models (7290 and earlier). Refer to the image of the 7230 linked below. Alt-O is left and Alt-P is right.
    http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01...age/7230-1.jpg
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-12-2007 at 11:03 AM.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

takeshi thanks man you just killed it, thank you very much.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mcm180
    THAT WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCK! As flimsy as those trackballs have proven to be .. I mean you never heard anybody complain about their TRACK WHEEL falling out!!!!

I am FURIOUS right now cuz i have to get a new Pearl cuz my freakin trackball is busted .. and totally incapacitated my Blackberry. and we should also make ALLLLLL 3rd party apps .. follow RIM's lead and make their menus "first-letter-activated" where you can type the firs letter of an item on a drop-down menu and it then becomes hilighted ... I felt crippled with out the ability to scroll on my Pearl .. .and have to get a brand new one!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    if you do a search on the forums you should find a link to get a replacement ball i know i seen it but i just cant say where do a search on the trackball and i am sure u will find it