i have a theme that i like, but i don't like the wallpaper and want ... Software & Theme Development forum

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

is it possible to edit a cod?

Advertisement

i have a theme that i like, but i don't like the wallpaper and want to point it to default to a different wallpaper. so, when i open up the cod in notepad, it looks editable to me. is it? if so, is this the line i want to edit?:
    Code:
    SvgBackgroundWallpaper src="images/SvgBackgroundWallpaper.png"
    if so, can anyone hip me to the correct path for my 8100's pre-loaded wallpapers? (i like plush.png, myself). saving a cod in notepad won't mess up the formatting, will it?

thx!
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Easiest way to change your background is to simply have the picture you want on your blackberry and set it as your homescreen image.

thx, mark. yes, i understand that. i'm thinking it'll actually be easier if the theme just comes up with the desired wallpaper instead of having to navigate to it. besides, why do we climb mountains? because we can! it's just something i want to do.
    - Grabel's Law

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    COD is a RIM proprietary executable archive. Editing it in notepad will probably just corrupt the file.

You could decompile the COD and edit the code, but the only decompilers that exist outside of RIM are guarded just as zealously as RIM's.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks Thyth, you are correct, well at least partially correct. There's no probably about it. It will corrupt it, unless shemengi knows how to do hashing, Parity and error generation and any other Code protection RIM uses on the fly.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    As far as I know, the only hash in COD files is a single 128 byte signature for the purposes of program signing. The rest is a blob of database references and resources (containing program resources and RIM's BlackBerry JVM bytecode).

I never found evidence that the individual database resources are hashed, then again, the only official COD "documentation" that I know about is the obfuscated COD compiler.

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Just a thought... Try using a hex-editor?
    ...always tinkering...

whew! i guess i'll just do as i've ben doing and as markgallant suggested: load the theme, change the wallpaper. it's a good day though, as i learned something new. thx all!
    - Grabel's Law