Please forgive the lame question...but... I noticed that the icons for the 8350 are 52x52... ... Software & Theme Development forum

brooke69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Icon size question...

Advertisement

Please forgive the lame question...but...

I noticed that the icons for the 8350 are 52x52...

Why cant they be used on the curve?...the screens are the same dimensions?...Right?...

Just curious...

Thanks...

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I actually find that the best dimensions for my themes for curves are 48x48- I have tried 53x48, but they tend to get "Squished" on the top, and that's a problem. Yet I have a set of the Vodaphone 83xx icons, and they are 61xsomething, and yet they work. So I think it depends on the resolution of the actual .png that is used. What I do sometimes is try a few different sizes of one icon from a set I am using to see what is best. Pick the setup wizard one, because in plazmic the view of the screen has that one highlighted. That way you get the closest look at what will truely be shown. Although the true test is the loaded theme on an actual handset. Hope this helps- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

brooke69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    I actually find that the best dimensions for my themes for curves are 48x48- I have tried 53x48, but they tend to get "Squished" on the top, and that's a problem. Yet I have a set of the Vodaphone 83xx icons, and they are 61xsomething, and yet they work. So I think it depends on the resolution of the actual .png that is used. What I do sometimes is try a few different sizes of one icon from a set I am using to see what is best. Pick the setup wizard one, because in plazmic the view of the screen has that one highlighted. That way you get the closest look at what will truely be shown. Although the true test is the loaded theme on an actual handset. Hope this helps- Chris
    Thanks...I will give it a try...

So do you make the underlayer and focus the same size of your icon?...

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I find the focus size of 46x46 works best; underlay should be as close to 46x38 as possible, UNLESS you want a shaded backround around each icon, as when using a darker backround png, or one with a border of some sort- chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

HoboJane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20a089b1
    ok so I am having a similar problem,
    I use Gimp to resize my icons but they still come out "squished" even though it doesnt look that way on the theme builder

how do I get them to look right?
    is it the resolution?