I went from 4.2 to 4.5 OS....when I make themes now will I be able ... Software & Theme Development forum

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307

I upgraded so...

Advertisement

I went from 4.2 to 4.5 OS....when I make themes now will I be able to make bottom dock? Will my old themes work with 4.5? Anything I should know?
    **Ashmee**

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if you theme was built for OS 4.2 it will work on 4.5 but anything meant to run on 4.5 won't run on 4.2.

hows the building coming?
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 09-09-2008 at 03:08 AM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    great....I wish I knew how to make bottom dock themes tho...I've seen them before for the 8100 so I know it's possible...and I have a stock "L" theme which I WANT to create so badly. ALSO....if anyone knows why I don't have a myfaves Icon since I upgraded to 4.5? I deleted the vendor.xml file.....and I don't have ANYTHING to show that I even have myfaves....such as when someone in my myfaves texts me I don't have the symbol showing they are on myfaves.......how do I fix this?
    **Ashmee**

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    OHH...one more thing....my phone constantly shows the loading hourglass...I can still do things on it as if it's not loading tho..
    **Ashmee**

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ashdub01 View Post
    OHH...one more thing....my phone constantly shows the loading hourglass...I can still do things on it as if it's not loading tho..

doing the L style is easy thanks to the new builder...
    if you do it this way choose your homescreen icons carefully. after you export you can't change them.

when you go to make a theme select new and select custom (and the screen size of your device)

you can either import your old theme or start from scratch.
    when you go to put your homescreen icons out it will throw them on the homescreen and then you can arrange them in whatever pattern you want.
    (hint: keep their order the same as what is in the icon panel)

say you do
    SMS
    Media
    and calendar

when you go to rearrange things keep them in that order
    if you switch them up (like)
    calendar
    SMS
    media

but in the panel it still says
    SMS
    Media
    and calendar

when you go to scroll through the icons the icons will be highlighted according to the order in the panel.

I'm sorry if that isn't very clear but try it and you'll see what I mean.
    keep your orders right both visually and in the panel otherwise when you scroll on your device it will go by what the panel says.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    doing the L style is easy thanks to the new builder...
    if you do it this way choose your homescreen icons carefully. after you export you can't change them.

when you go to make a theme select new and select custom (and the screen size of your device)

you can either import your old theme or start from scratch.
    when you go to put your homescreen icons out it will throw them on the homescreen and then you can arrange them in whatever pattern you want.
    (hint: keep their order the same as what is in the icon panel)

say you do
    SMS
    Media
    and calendar

when you go to rearrange things keep them in that order
    if you switch them up (like)
    calendar
    SMS
    media

but in the panel it still says
    SMS
    Media
    and calendar

when you go to scroll through the icons the icons will be highlighted according to the order in the panel.

I'm sorry if that isn't very clear but try it and you'll see what I mean.
    keep your orders right both visually and in the panel otherwise when you scroll on your device it will go by what the panel says.
    AWESOME thanks....I will try it when I get off work
    **Ashmee**