okay i have done up a theme and checked both here and cb forum about ... Software & Theme Development forum

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i have a ? about symbols menu lagging

Advertisement

okay i have done up a theme and checked both here and cb forum about the lag in the symbols box and found nothing, does anyone know how to get the lag to be gone? i know 2face-MazE has done this sent him a pm but proly wont hear from him for a few, so im here asking anyone else know how to do it?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    what do you mean by lag? while creating the theme? or do you mean when using the theme on the phone? I guess if it's on the phone it'll actually depend on the size of the theme and/or if it's animated. Normally those factors do tend to weigh on the lag issue from my own experiences. I would reduce the animation to a low and keep it as simple as possible and friendlier. Second, I would create enough space for my unread icons to show all when they come in. I hope this is sort of what you were referring to; if not I guess I was wrong lol. This is the only bs answer I could come up with. Sorry I failed you
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    raton.. i mean when u are sending a sms or are in a bbm convo anywhere that u can hit the sym/* key and the symbols come up it lags most themes have this prob but like i said 2face-MazE over come this

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I think it's a device issue. Even with the stock theme it tends to do that. Various factors come into play. If you're running other apps simultaneously and also if the device is picking up more signal it will delay the symbol dialogue as well as other things such as sms coming in at the same time. They're all in conflict for priority I guess. Kinda like trying to run windows vista on a 256mb ram

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea could be tru but i have ran alot of themes on my phone all but 2face-MazE themes do that lol so he is doin something that others can get done right or have not tried to do.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    How big are the theme files in comparison to others? Perhaps they're reducing the size of the themes. My only explanation, really. You gotta remember that just like any other app such as themes on a pc they all require onboard memory and the lower the size the faster they'll run and less buggy they'll appear to be. My 2 cents

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    its because your menus are transparent.... its a known issue

PIN/ID
    just ask

PIN/ID
    just ask

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you have the menu transparent before? i am sure that is the reason...or the size of the menu? it has nothing to do with the theme itself or animation or anything like that. its the settings or transparent layer for the menu.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Ya I did have it before I changed it,but the size imma look into when I get home cause I have 2 go fix 3 peoples pcs,I hope that's all it is thanks cherrichiodo
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126