Hellooo I dont know much about creating themes. I have googled lol and searched what ... Software & Theme Development forum

louieleidy no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't export theme to phone!!

Advertisement

Hellooo

I dont know much about creating themes. I have googled lol and searched what seems to be every site possible and cant seem to get my question answered. I actually just created my first theme with plazmic theme builder.

I went to FILE> EXPORT> and then clicked OK on the box that appears. Once its "downloaded" i check my phone which is attached to my computer and go to themes but the theme is not there.

Can some one please help??

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    After exporting the Theme files to a folder on your computer open the Desktop Manager and use that to install the Theme.

Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.

When it's done the Theme will be installed. On the phone go to options/Themes to change the theme.

Thumbs up Thanks :))

Grrreeeeeeaaaaaatttttt!!!! I did it!!!!!! yay!!!! lol Thanks for replying to question...

One more thing how do i get all the extra cute icons?

Once I know how to do it all i can post themes on the site.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by louieleidy View Post
    Grrreeeeeeaaaaaatttttt!!!! I did it!!!!!! yay!!!! lol Thanks for replying to question...

One more thing how do i get all the extra cute icons?

Once I know how to do it all i can post themes on the site.

What device do you have or which device are you making them for?

If you have the following 81xx/83xx/87xx/88xx/ you can find more icons under your program files/plazmic (whichever you're using)/I think it's the folder that reads themes/samples/images/I don't quite recall as I zombie walk through it but I know they're in one of those folders. Now, if you want other icons such as the iphone icons and what not you would have to get those yourself from various icon sites and then resize them according to the device's needs. for instance, you may resize them to 80x80/ 40x40/ 34x34/ etc...etc. I hope this helps and thank you for offering to contribute to our themes forums with your question I hope this helps many others that may have the same question. Good luck and happy theming
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on making your 1st theme. I see you are getting great advice from some of our theme experts, they're all quick to jump in and help with any questions. I also moved your thread to the software and theme development section. Be sure to check out the threads here, especially the ones stickied at the top. There is tons of useful info here for you

http://forums.pinstack.com/f28/
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RATON... thanks for your response.. My phone is an 8900...

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by louieleidy View Post
    RATON... thanks for your response.. My phone is an 8900...
    Great!
    Now, this is what you will need to do. If you want other icons aside from the stock ones on your device; in this case 8900. You will need to look for an application called Gimp for you to change the colors of some of the things you will want such as icons and/or banners/ etc... If you're good with photoshop you can then resize them by doing them all at once with the batch system . On the other hand, if you don't have photoshop and don't wanna spend money on buying or searching for hacked versions of it which may harm your pc try to download this other program called photo resizer to resize your images (always remember to get images bigger than 480x360) and then resize them to that size in order to avoid pixelated images on your themes. If you try to resize an image smaller than that size to it it will turn out horribly wrong. Just an advise. Second, you might also want to download another great (free app; by the way photoresizer,gimp,and this one are all free) pix resizer. With photoresizer you may also do batch resizing meaning you can resize a whole folder rather than one by one. Coloring that's one of those things you would have to do with gimp. A friend of mine told me that there is a patch for gimp that will allow you to do batch coloring on gimp as well as in photoshop so you're in luck there too. So, what you want to do now is look for some icons and start resizing them to 80x80. Happy theming. There are countless icon websites out there to pick from such as iconshack, try this site. It's a good one I used to use... http://www.iconarchive.com/

Hope this helped a little.

RATON

wow sounds complicated.. lol Thanks for your advice.. I will try it out and keep you updated. Thanks again for all your help.

AZSTAR

Thanks... found great tips under that thread.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Not complicated at all once you get the hang of things. The most difficult step you've conquered already which is to make your first theme. Congrats! Now, it's time for you to come out and play with plazmic a bit more and try to mod as much as possible. Trust me when I first started making themes I almost gave up on the darn thing the second day I was messing with it. However, I was determined to make my bb look how I wanted to look with the images/colors I wanted so I persisted and here I am now. I'm still a noob in many ways so don't let my silly title intimidate you. I still don't know many things but can definitely guide people into the right direction . Just download those three applications I mentioned above and start messing around with them for a bit and in no time you'll have another great looking theme. Good luck. Oh! by the way if you need your theme hosted you might want to ask Cherrichiodo, one of the best theme developers i've met and a mod here at the site for her to host your theme if you need it to be hosted for ota avail. Once again, good luck and take care