Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Did you get resolution on this yet? So, you have ran App ... Software & Theme Development forum

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: I am about to cry.....

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you get resolution on this yet? So, you have ran App Loader on both 8700g devices, but yours displays there is no device software available? The other 8700g can add/remove apps and relaod the OS?

First question is, are you sure they are both 8700g's? (Sorry, I know it is a stupid question?

I would take a look at the Desktop Manager. Go to Help » About Desktop Manager.
    Click on the "Device Software" tab.
    Do you see your Handheld Software version listed there for the 8700g?

I am not familiar with the current version of handheld software for the 8700g, as I work with the 7250/8703e devices. If needed, you should be able to download the current version of Handheld Software from your ISP's website.

You can also try removing the "Vendor.xml" file out of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader.

Good luck.
    Dolphinrich

willy no está en línea Stack level 1

I found that when I went to the PC's Device Manager, the USB port for the BB had a conflict which was also pointing to another USB device. Regardless of deinstalling and reinstalling BB software, the only solution was to Uninstall the conflicting USB device which solved the problem. Thus, make sure that you don't have any USB port config conflicts in device manager. This worked for me after 3 hours of trying everything else. The problem may have been caused by the fact that I had started using a USB hub which I had plugged the BB into. Going forward, I'll use a dedicated USB port on the pC for the BB.

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

Hey sorry I didn't reply before. I have checked I do have two 8700s. I also the correct
    software installed. I have given up on trying to make this 8700 breathe again. I am sending it back to RIM.

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

Hey sorry I didn't reply before. I have checked I do have two 8700s. I also the correct
    software installed. I have given up on trying to make this 8700 breathe again. I am sending it back to RIM.

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

What Graph describes...definitely works. I had to replace my BB and that is exactly what I used to put my contacts on my replacement BB. As long as you have a backup, you will be just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123