Hey Guys!! I am new to BlackBerry S/W development using J2ME. While my third party ... Software & Theme Development forum

dineshrampal no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HTTP connection on BB - not working!!

Hey Guys!!

I am new to BlackBerry S/W development using J2ME. While my third party application works on non-blackberry set perfectly fine, I am struggling to make a HTTP connection on my BB to a remote server on the Internet. Let me tell you that I have successfully tested the http connection on BB emulator.

The connection works on the BB emulator but it fails on the actual device. This obviously means that there is some setting (e.g APN, WAP etc.) which needs to be done on my BB. I have no clue what that setting is and my Service provider (Airtel in India) is also not helping either.

While solving this problem, I browsed service book on my BB and saw that all of the third party applications (e.g. google talk) had an entry there to make a Internet connection. *Does any one out there knows how do i get my entires in the Service book of my Black Berry (BB)?*

I have a hunch that my app will start working after that.

Please help!!!

I would really be thanfull to anyone who could help me achieve this.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    I'm not finding anything on creating service books however in this Developer's Guide on page 103 they do have a little section about service books if you want to read it. It might help.