Greetings: I've had my 8330 for a month now and I'm getting the hang of ... Software & Theme Development forum

peter-a no está en línea Stack level 1

How to replace icons with text?

Advertisement

Greetings:
    I've had my 8330 for a month now and I'm getting the hang of it. I love it, except for the icons, which irritate the heck out of me. I want to switch off the icons and just have a text list of applications through which I can scroll. How do I achieve that?

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too have an 8330. I don't think it's possible to get rid of the icons and replace them with a text list. Someone would more than likely would have to design a theme with icons specifically created to look like text instead of pictures. The default themes on the phone cannot be modified.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    There are themes like this one:

http://zachthezman84.wordpress.com/2...e-jot-it-down/

But you have to do some good searching. Maybe someone else will be able to post more themes that use text instead of icons.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

peter-a no está en línea Stack level 1
    Krazy Kat and lucky13mt:
    Thanks for helping. This is going to be more difficult than I had expected, but you have pointed me in the right direction. Now I'm searching for the right theme.
    best regards, Peter-A

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    I used to have a theme called "Phantom". It was a bit of a memory hog so I got rid of it months ago. It was very minimalistic. When you hit the menu key, it brought up a LIST of all your apps and links and stuff. Very cool. Sounds like exactly what peter-a is looking for.

I don't have a link to it, and I recall having a hard time finding it back in the day. Maybe do a google search or search the themes here on pinstack or another BB site.

Good luck.