I need some advice... As anyone can tell by my previous posts, I'm completely new ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question How to promote?

Advertisement

I need some advice...

As anyone can tell by my previous posts, I'm completely new to the whole theme development scene and have pretty much just jumped in head first LOL!

Now that I seem to be getting the hang of things, I've been attempting to sell premium themes on MyBbOTA and MobiHand. I was elated to have three sell today, but I want to know what I can do to promote my themes and hopefully improve sales.

As of right now I have a blog that I post my premium (and free) themes too which automatically shares with my Twitter (under the Blog name) and Facebook fan page (for the Blog). The thing is, I have no followers on the Blog or FB fan page and only a few on Twitter. I do plan on making a real website eventually, but can't afford to any time in the real near future. Hence, why I want to promote my themes by any means I can find

Could anyone make some suggestions as to how I can promote my premium themes and where?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, I'm not a themer, but it seems you're making all the right moves so far. Congrats on the three sales!

I think a lot of it has to do with exposure and word of mouth. Showing off some of your free work on places like PinStack, etc gets people talking and then they want to see more, which leads them to your site, etc.

We had a flurry of theme activity here for awhile and I kind of dropped the ball on getting them promoted, but next time you post up a theme, PM me with the link and I'll make sure it gets front page billing......that translates to our Facebook and Twitter feeds as well.

Same goes for all other themers on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Well, I'm not a themer, but it seems you're making all the right moves so far. Congrats on the three sales!

I think a lot of it has to do with exposure and word of mouth. Showing off some of your free work on places like PinStack, etc gets people talking and then they want to see more, which leads them to your site, etc.

We had a flurry of theme activity here for awhile and I kind of dropped the ball on getting them promoted, but next time you post up a theme, PM me with the link and I'll make sure it gets front page billing......that translates to our Facebook and Twitter feeds as well.

Same goes for all other themers on the site.
    Well I've been posting my free themes here, on CB and the other places I mentioned in my original post. Seeing how well they've done is what pushed me to attempt making premium ones. But for now, I'm only charging $0.99 and MobiHand takes a 30% cut. So of course I want to push them from MyBbOTA lol

Would it be acceptable to post my premium ones here too then?

I didn't just want to take it upon myself thinking it was ok as I know a lot of forums don't like advertising.

Anyway... thanks for the reply and if anyone else has any suggestions they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You are able to post premium themes one of two ways.....either as a Stack Professional, which is a position assigned to you by moderator and/or administrator approval, or if you are a Premium (paid) member of PinStack. The Stack Professional position is awarded after a period of time and as one shows a dedication to PinStack and its user community.

You are able to post premium themes one of two ways.....either as a Stack Professional, which is a position assigned to you by moderator and/or administrator approval, or if you are a Premium (paid) member of PinStack. The Stack Professional position is awarded after a period of time and as one shows a dedication to PinStack and its user community.
    Ok, gotcha. I will have to try to take time to visit more often and hopefully get a promotion

Thanks a bunch for the replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Now you are talking, get that post count up, let your name be seen along with your work. It's always nice to have fresh new ideas in theme land. I believe you will do just fine. You are one the right site, and keep in mind that mobihand is worldwide on thousands of sites. Promoting from you site is always a good idea as well.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Now you are talking, get that post count up, let your name be seen along with your work. It's always nice to have fresh new ideas in theme land. I believe you will do just fine. You are one the right site, and keep in mind that mobihand is worldwide on thousands of sites. Promoting from you site is always a good idea as well.
    Thanks for the reply Papa!!

I am doing what I can. I did look into getting a domain name, but unfortunately the one I really wanted was already taken. So I'll have to give some more thought to that. So for now it's just my free blog on wordpress and their TOS concerning this type of thing is really unclear. I'm posting the themes on there anyway, but who knows if I will be told to stop or not. In the meantime it hasn't had any hits that I can see. But I'm also in the process of setting up a free site on webs.com too. I figure all these things can only help
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Roger,

I've been coming here with all my questions (obviously LOL) as well as I just finished posting a useful tip (IMHO) that I hope will help other newbies. But how many posts do I have to have or what is it exactly that I have to accomplish to get promoted to a "stack professional"?

I know the easier method would be just to upgrade my account, but that's unfortunately not an option for me at this time

Thanks!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

jannydisuza no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I am not a themer but can suggests you that you are on the right site. You can post your theme with new implementation, new thoughts & ideas. Let the others know about your creations &promote the sites so that viewer can go through and can share your link.

Thanks for the reply janny!

I have posted my free themes on here, as well as I have been trying to post more in general, but I can't post any of my premium themes on here. At least not yet, but I'm working at getting there.

So I am trying to promote my site and myself as a theme dev as well, but coming up with ideas how to do so isn't so easy. But I keep trying and hopefully in the end it will pay off

Thanks again!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info