Ever wanted to know how to make an SVG that changes background screens as you ... Software & Theme Development forum

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

How To: make a changing background SVG

Advertisement

Ever wanted to know how to make an SVG that changes background screens as you switch between icons?
    well I have figured out how to do exactly that...

I'd like to make a nice easy to understand write up...
    at least I hope it's easy to understand
    in this tutorial I am going to assume that you already know a couple of things about composer, including: making theme buttons, animating them, exporting SVG's and adding the SVG's to theme builder.

if you have any questions please feel free to ask

first make your theme button and animate it as you wish, I am doing a theme right now where the theme buttons will come from the corners and move to the middle of the screen.

all you need to do is "import" the image you want with the animation of the theme button (in edit mode)

make sure the image is visible in the focus in state and the action state and non-visible in the other 2 states.

do the same for all of your other buttons (making the appropriate changes to the background images for each individual theme button) and export then add to theme builder...
    it's really very easy.
    I hope that this made sense I went through 3 different versions of this tutorial... I hope this makes sense.
    I'm stressed out right now am am trying to do this to take my mind off of things but it does not seemed to have worked... of course!
    if I need to I will re-phrase I will, just ask!
    but hope this helps someone
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Awesome. I'm gonna make one with the pix my g/f and i have. Great tutorial bro. Two sore thumbs up and a Hell Yeah!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

lol thanks man! glad that it finally came out right!
    like I stated before I was really worried about this not making sense
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Awesome man!!! Now I can actually tell a story with my theme.... Kinda like a silent film.... In fact, I'm working on a Charlie Chaplin theme now!!!! This would be PERRRRRRFECT for that!!!

ok, well, I'm either a fool or I'm having software issues, now I can't get it to work anymore...
    of course! perfect end to a stupid day.
    now I keep getting these stupid SVG rendering error's YAY!
    anyone else, please post your experiences, I'm curious to know if it is just me having software issues or if I jsut got it to work multiple times out of shear luck...
    drat you CDK 4.7!!!!!

emarsha no está en línea Stack level 2
    that's way more advanced than my method! wow! great job!
    twitter.com/emarsha
    free themes @ emarsha.wordpress.com

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Great tutorial Luc. that's how I was experimenting with at work with earlier with except real work got in the way. Will try this again tommarrow its such a great feature to have when making a theme. Thanks again for sharing the info.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Emarsha, how are you doing it?
    Apparently my way is rendering erros now...
    Dunno what changed...
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

ok! so I think my computer was just having some minor hiccup issues yesterday because today I'm doing exactly the same thing and it IS WORKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAY!
    thanks again marsha for the inspiration!! I FIGURED IT OUT!
    YAY!
    *does a little happy dance*
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-06-2009 at 07:33 PM.