I'm currently making a theme, and I was wondering how to do the following: I ... Software & Theme Development forum

trueaznballa07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb How To Guide / Themeing Info.

Advertisement

I'm currently making a theme, and I was wondering how to do the following:

I have a typical "Precission" style looking theme for my Pearl, with 5 icons across the bottom [user definable, but I'll change it if necessary to be able to make this work].

Messages; Calendar; Media; Browser; BlackBerry Messenger.

I was wondering how does one go about making an "entry list" appear ONLY when hovering over the selective icon. If any of you guys are familiar with the Crossbar theme by Bplay, when you hover/focus on the Messages, Calendar, or Phone Call icon from your home screen, there's a drop down menu that shows the last 2 or 3 new events / entries. I'm interested in learning how to do this for my theme. I don't want to do a standard "Today+ theme" because it clutters the homescreen, and blots out the wallpaper.

If anyone could help me with this, it'd be more than appreciated!
    If a mod could sticky this, or move it to a more appropriate sub-folder, if need be, feel welcome to.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by trueaznballa07; 03-02-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure about bplay but they probably used the composer and made a svg that suppored this "entry list" but I have learned to do what is know as hidden today using plazmic 4.7. never noticed if we can do it on 4.6 but in the homescreen section there is a check box under theme extras for a today area and it reacts similer to what you are asking for when you put your curser on certon icons (mesages, calender, phone...etc). check 4.6 and see if it has the today opition if not try using 4.7.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Only the beta 4.7 plazmic has that option

will it work for pearl 4.5 ? I don't want any problems [bricking my berr]. haha

*bump