Hi, I have a friend of mine who can code, and he is willing to ... Software & Theme Development forum

hallik no está en línea Stack level 1

How to create programs?

Advertisement

Hi, I have a friend of mine who can code, and he is willing to help me out with creating some useful programs for the BB but he needs to know where to start He can code Java, but as far as that, he's unsure what resources he needs. Do any of you know?

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: How to create programs?

Here's all I know, or think i know...
    the java files need to be midp compatiable. then they can be either compressed to .jad/.jar format and downloaded ota or converted to .alx/.cod format for use with desktop manager. as for the coding, sorry I can't be much help there, I've only tinkered with the .jad and .alx files as of now.
    Best of luck, you might want to start by taking apart a few simple 3rd party apps (.jar files can be extracted using winrar) and going from there.

bbCincinnati no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to create programs?

If you look on RIM's (Research in Motion) web site under development, they have a free JDE (Java Development Environment) which you can download. They also have a user's guide and example applications. Hope that helps.