So ive been a crack addict for a few yrs.. probably 5yrs or so and ... Software & Theme Development forum

teenisha no está en línea Stack level 2

How to create a theme

Advertisement

So ive been a crack addict for a few yrs.. probably 5yrs or so and never attemped to create a theme... Now i finally decided i want to... now i need help... and advice.. IS it HARD?!! I havent downloaded the Plazmic yet, what else would i need?! My pc is already equipped with photoshop cs.. My BB is a 8330 4.3 os... HELP!! =)

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    theme building is fun!
    it isn't "hard" but it can be challenging. it all depends on what you are trying to do.
    I say get plazmic, you will also need the JDE, and the MDS E-mail simulators. all of those are on the plazmic site. or at least there are links to get all of those components.

you kinda just have to download it and give it a go. just remember, there are ALL kinds of helpful theme builders here and they all like seeing something new and helping a fellow stacker accomplish their theme building goals.

JUST DO IT!
    (hope nike does not see that. haha)
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

teenisha no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks sooo much!!! I'm def going to give it a try when i get home!! Im a wiz, well somewat a wiz with photoshop so im sure it will come in handy!!! =)

Thanks again!! If i run into any problems i def will be asking for help!! =)

jessie0179 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24658D07

How to create your own theme

lucifer... do you have a site where we can see the instruction step by step, from top to bottom.... i will like to create in my own icons.....

Quote Originally Posted by teenisha View Post
    Thanks sooo much!!! I'm def going to give it a try when i get home!! Im a wiz, well somewat a wiz with photoshop so im sure it will come in handy!!! =)

Thanks again!! If i run into any problems i def will be asking for help!! =)

megaded9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    does anyone know how to upload a theme to Pinstack once I've created it?

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    Quote Originally Posted by megaded9 View Post
    does anyone know how to upload a theme to Pinstack once I've created it?
    theres a thread on it somewhere but if you click on 'manage attachments' in the additioanl options whilst typing a message you can add a file there. For adding pictures of screenshots i use photobucket (www.photobucket.com) as everyone likes to see pictures but theres a few other photo hosting sites too, im sure its down to personal preference which you use. Although having said that i think its 'flickr' (which i havent tried) where you can send pictures to using your bb rather than upload by computer.

whilst your at it, check out this for taking pictues of your screenshot

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...shooter-21471/
    Last edited by mic8310; 11-13-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    theme building is fun!
    it isn't "hard" but it can be challenging. it all depends on what you are trying to do.
    I say get plazmic, you will also need the JDE, and the MDS E-mail simulators. all of those are on the plazmic site. or at least there are links to get all of those components.

you kinda just have to download it and give it a go. just remember, there are ALL kinds of helpful theme builders here and they all like seeing something new and helping a fellow stacker accomplish their theme building goals.

JUST DO IT!
    (hope nike does not see that. haha)
    You had best watch what you say. You may just get your wish.... LoL

How about the approximately 8 hours you spent in BBM with me today. Thanks for the help, by the way. I never thought theme creation could be quite this addictive!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jessie0179 View Post
    lucifer... do you have a site where we can see the instruction step by step, from top to bottom.... i will like to create in my own icons.....
    There are a few tutorials on here.... Hang on a minute, I will find them for you.....

.... searching .... searching.....

Here We Go:

1. What you need
    2. A decent walkthrough of Plazmic
    3. How to get help when nothing seems to work

NOTE: These guides are a little dated. The version numbers have changed and so have some of the links. Of course a simple google search of the application titles will take you to the latest versions. WARNING they take forever to dload!!

Posting your themes here is easy. Look up at the top of your Thread or Reply editor.

1. Click the paperclip at the top
    2. Upload your files (images etc) (zip up your exported .alx and .cod file)
    3. Create your thread entry.
    4. When you want to add your images just click the arrow beside the paperclip and select the file to add.
    5. Add the zip file the same way.

There are instructions around here somewhere.....

....searching ....searching

Making a Theme available OTA (Over The Air)

Guidelines for Uploading Themes

Need anymore info.... Shout!
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 11-13-2008 at 06:13 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jessie0179 View Post
    I've always found the best way to REALLY get into a program is to just create a trash file and just hit all of the buttons and see what you can do.
    once you kinda have the basics down start working on an actual theme. Then if you ever run into something that your not sure how to do you can always import that theme into your trash theme and just experiment without worry of losing all your hard work if you do something TOO crazy that you can't go back.
    just start having fun and ask lots of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    You had best watch what you say. You may just get your wish.... LoL

How about the approximately 8 hours you spent in BBM with me today. Thanks for the help, by the way. I never thought theme creation could be quite this addictive!!
    Sir!!
    I am so glad that you got into theme building in the way that you did. I was amazed how fast you started picking it up.
    glad I could be of assistance and just keep working at it. Remember, you are your own harshest critic but you can use that to make every theme you make better then the last one you did. JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    There are a few tutorials on here.... Hang on a minute, I will find them for you.....

.... searching .... searching.....

Here We Go:

1. What you need
    2. A decent walkthrough of Plazmic
    3. How to get help when nothing seems to work

NOTE: These guides are a little dated. The version numbers have changed and so have some of the links. Of course a simple google search of the application titles will take you to the latest versions. WARNING they take forever to dload!!

Posting your themes here is easy. Look up at the top of your Thread or Reply editor.

1. Click the paperclip at the top
    2. Upload your files (images etc) (zip up your exported .alx and .cod file)
    3. Create your thread entry.
    4. When you want to add your images just click the arrow beside the paperclip and select the file to add.
    5. Add the zip file the same way.

There are instructions around here somewhere.....

....searching ....searching

Making a Theme available OTA (Over The Air)

Guidelines for Uploading Themes

Need anymore info.... Shout!
    also...
    while you have theme builder open you can hit ctrl+prnt scrn (top right of the keyboard the 3 key group next to your LED's for num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock, on a standard keyboard anyway)
    that will take a screen shot. you can then open your image editor of choice (i believe you can do this in pain but I can't remember) and crop out the screens of your theme.

then you can go to the downloads section (after your .alx file and your corresponding .cod file are in a zip of course) and select the section that goes with the type of phone you made the theme for (CUrve, Pearl, 88XX, whatever...)

a little down from the top you will see a blue bar with catagories, search, show, and add file." If you click add file you can post your .zip there along with your screen shot and a comment about it.
    then start a thread linking to that file with a screen shot in the thread. (if possible link the screen shot to the image you uploaded with your.zip)

then you can watch the total hits just GO and GO and GO!!

have fun everyone and enjoy theme builder. any questions feel free to hit me up!
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 11-13-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

megaded9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    [quote=mic8310;953538]theres a thread on it somewhere but if you click on 'manage attachments' in the additioanl options whilst typing a message you can add a file there. For adding pictures of screenshots i use photobucket as everyone likes to see pictures but theres a few other photo hosting sites too, im sure its down to personal preference which you use. Although having said that i think its 'flickr' (which i havent tried) where you can send pictures to using your bb rather than upload by computer.

thanks!!