I'm using a program called 'blackberryZ2me'. I have figured out how to edit the jar ... Software & Theme Development forum

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

How to change name of application?

Advertisement

I'm using a program called 'blackberryZ2me'. I have figured out how to edit the jar file to change the icon. I then use a tool called BSC JAR to ALX to convert the file so I can use it with Desktop Manager. I tried editing the ALX to change the application name, however this does not work once the application is installed. I would like the application to be named 'Infocom Emulator' Can someone explain to me how I go about doing this?

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    You could try to use a Hex Editor to replace this string with your one inside the application file (JAR). I'm quite sure it will not work with real BB Applications (COD), because you'll break the Signatur and your modified app will not work anymore.

BB4Ever

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I figured it out. In the JAD file, you need replace the name in the line for MIDlet-1: to whatever you want. This will then change the name of the program when the icon is selected on the Blackberry.

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice, good to know...

(I thought u already tried this method ... "I tried editing the ALX to change the application name")

BB4Ever