A few people have been wanting to know how to change 3rd party app icons, ... Software & Theme Development forum

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F

Thumbs up How to change 3rd party app icons

Advertisement

A few people have been wanting to know how to change 3rd party app icons, so here's a quick version.

Only major issue I'm still having, is that no matter what I do the scrolling order is still in reverse after importing into ThemeBuilder. Anybody have the answer??

How to change 3rd party app icons:

First off, this will only change it on the homescreen. New Icon doesn't show up in application screen. Might be a workaround but will keep you updated.

1. Open composer and create your layout with your icons, for example your first 4 icons are "Use Device Application Order" and slots 5 and 6 are going to be used for 3rd party applications.

2. After Creating icon for slot 5, click the Properties Tab in the inspector and select "3rd Party Application", click the icons in images right below to change the new icons.

3. The next step is crucial. How do I tell it to open my 3rd party app?

Well on your BB, click your advanced options and click on applications.
    Your 3rd party apps are located here, and we need to get the module name for our changed icon in composer. Click the app and look under "Modules" and take note of the first line.

This will usually be: net_rim_bb_xxxxx or the like

4. Type it in the box right above the new images on the properties tab on the inspector.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for slot 6. Export your svg and load into themebuilder.

I have tried it with: net_rim_bb_myspace and net_rim_bb_facebook.
    Works perfectly, except my focus order is still in reverse, but yes the icon will launch the application. You might have to experiment with the module names as some do not have the net_rim_bb_xxxxx.

3rd Party App Module List- If you would like to contribute to the list, just comment with the module name and I'll add it below.

1. MySpace- net_rim_bb_myspace
    2. Facebook- net_rim_bb_facebook
    3. Vlingo- vlingoForBlackBerry_en

Last edited by brondonnelly200; 12-24-2008 at 11:24 AM.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Cool stuff, hats off to those who play around with this stuff. It scrambles my brain

Hope someone posts the solution to your scroll order frustration and thanks for sharing what you've figured out so far
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    No problem. This should work for quick launching themes that are installed as well. Haven't tried it yet, but will post back and add to post.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

dwayyne no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    The reverse effect happened to me a couple of times... did you try to test it in the simulator before exporting it to SVG? I usually test it on there first to make sure it's in the right order and so far ever since I've been testing on the simulator it goes in the correct order. However, it could be theme builder itself, haha. Me, I just save everything that way I can go back and play around with it if there is a problem. I guess sometimes it's a trial and error kind of thing.

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    StormStat works --- Just write in StormStat ... no need for anything else thats the only module and it works.
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»