I think I've done pretty well when it comes to adjusting to using Theme Builder ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question How to add Hidden Today in TB6?

Advertisement

I think I've done pretty well when it comes to adjusting to using Theme Builder 6 versus the previous version I was using, however, I am still having a lot of problems when it comes to adding in a Hidden Today, which is something I as well as others enjoy having. In fact, its the only part of my OS5 device that I truly miss and I don't like the BlackBerry6 style themes.

So that in mind, I was given the code which I was told would get the Hidden Today feature to work (when selected in TB6), but I apparently don't know what to do with is as I've tried everything I can think of (for someone who knows zero about svg), and still nothing

This is the code I was given, for a six line HT as an example (Just FYI, I had to remove the < at the beginning of each line, as well as the /> at the end of each line in order to get it to display here)...
    set xlink:href="#today_text1hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    set xlink:href="#today_text2hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    set xlink:href="#today_text3hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    set xlink:href="#today_text4hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    set xlink:href="#today_text5hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    set xlink:href="#today_text6hotspot" attributeName="display" to="none" begin="0"
    So would anyone care to explain to me what I do with it to get it to work?

As I said, I've tried everything and have got nowhere, so if someone is willing to assist me with this I would REALLY appreciate it as I would absolutely love to be able to include this feature in my themes again.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    interesting and just why would someone give you this and not tell you where to place it in the svg? I will experiment and see what I can come up with because I too would love the hidden today

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    interesting and just why would someone give you this and not tell you where to place it in the svg? I will experiment and see what I can come up with because I too would love the hidden today
    LOL! Your guess is as good as mine. The person I got it from should have by all means known I wouldn't know what to do with it.

But in my experience, this is typical of what kind of help is received from the 2% of fellow theme developers willing to help in the first place. The other 98% act as if everything is top secret. So when I can get the littlest piece of information, help, etc. I don't question or ask any further because I know chances are, I'll need their help with something else down the line, and I don't want to alienate them by "asking too many questions".

I've done well with figuring out most things on my own, however, this one thing has given me nothing but headaches since the day I started using TB6, and I'm finally to the point that I give up on trying to figure it out on my own since I haven't been able to do so by now.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    since the hidden today isn't done with an svg i would presume this code needs to go somewhere in the jad file or a cod

if i had the time what i would do is create a theme with a hidden today save and export it and take a look at the jad file see if you can find anything similar

scratch all that jiberish i just typed lol
    looking at the code closer it is definetly svg code so not to sure where you would put it in the svg or why since the svg has nothing to do with hidden today

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    since the hidden today isn't done with an svg i would presume this code needs to go somewhere in the jad file or a cod

if i had the time what i would do is create a theme with a hidden today save and export it and take a look at the jad file see if you can find anything similar
    scratch all that jiberish i just typed lol
    looking at the code closer it is definetly svg code so not to sure where you would put it in the svg or why since the svg has nothing to do with hidden today
    Yeah I know it goes in the svg and I believe someone told me to place a transparent button in composer for it as well, which is where I got completely lost. Sorry, guess I forgot to mention that part LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

ok i understand now
    but instead of 1 button you would have to have 2 transparent buttons 1 to show and the other to hide the today area and create all the other lines in composer ugh that might be more of a pain than it is worth lol

if you or papa don't figure it out, after i get moved and settled into our new place i will take a look and try to make a complete hidden today svg where you can just paste it into an existing svg

Yeah see you already lost me LOL!

I'm not worried about it being a pain really, since it's already been there, and done that (and I didn't get a t-shirt for it) LOL!

But if I can get it to work, I'll just make a composer file with that only to save as a template, more or less. Then when I need/want it, I can rename it, add icons, and still have the original. I do that with a lot of docks and things I use a lot so I don't have to remake them from scratch each time, instead I just swap out focus icons ;-)

The tricky part, is getting this darn thing to work when I don't know wtf I'm doing :-(
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

if you or papa don't figure it out, after i get moved and settled into our new place i will take a look and try to make a complete hidden today svg where you can just paste it into an existing svg
    Thanks, that would be great, and very much appreciated!!

In the meantime, I'm sure he and I will continue to play with it and drive ourselves crazy LOL! I guess that's just what we devs do ;-)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

lol i know exactly what you mean, been there done that
    I just started a theme where you can change the colors of the banners to 6 different colors and i was pulling what little hair i have out trying to figure that one out lol, but i got it figured out now just to make it for all the other devices ugh

lol i know exactly what you mean, been there done that
    I just started a theme where you can change the colors of the banners to 6 different colors and i was pulling what little hair out trying to figure that on out lol, but i got it figured out now just to make it for all the other devices ugh
    That's cool! The theme that is, not pulling your hair out LOL ;-)

I just downloaded a theme like that from another dev, but I didn't like it because it didn't have any meters. As fast as my battery dies, I have to be able to keep an eye on it without having to constantly switch to a different screen.

But good luck with it. I'm sure it will go over really well :-)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info