Keep in mind that I haven't started on reading up the guides and stuffs for ... Software & Theme Development forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

Question How hard would it be to make a extremely plain and simple program?

Advertisement

Keep in mind that I haven't started on reading up the guides and stuffs for beginner developer but I'm just going to ask and see how hard it would be for a beginner to create a simple program like below...

I've been wanting a simple + and - program for recording financial transaction. I've made a mock-up in paint.net but wasn't sure which file format to save it in for it to be displayed in Blackberry for those of you surfing via BB, sorry.

This is a 2 columned +- recorder. the green area is where you input your + or - amount and whatever you input will be shown on top of the list in the blue area. The white area is a editable short text field to label each column (maybe make it editable only via setting). The yellow area is a simple total value area. The pink area is the total of each columns. (I would not be using any color in the program, the color in the image is only for explanatory purposes).

If it is somewhat easy to set this up, please let me know of a good beginner site for something like this because I don't want to have to waste extra time on learning how to design a unnecessary GUI. If I can manage to make this easily, I'll probably work on it more and add option for extra column and labeling each transactions. Though there would be 2 versions, one minimalistic and one with the extra features if I actually follow along with this.

I know I could ask to see if anybody else could make something like this but I doubt I'll have the request granted that easily or even have the program itself exactly like I need it to. So I'm willing to try and figure it out myself. I just need some opinions on if this is something that is possible for a beginner like myself to make and if there is any particularly good site for programming for this specific purpose.

Also, would it be better to make it in a generic environment where it can be applied to other phones or just make it BB-specific?

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    still no answers? :-/ gonna try and get started on the beginner's guides in a few days. Hopefully I can learn enough early

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    I PM'ed kieranwest a while back and he sent me a BUNCH of links which might help. Problem for me was, I don't have internet access away from work so I couldn't follow. Also some of the guides went too far into detail on what J2ME was and why it was and etc etc which eventually bored me. I do plan on revisiting once I get a more reliable net connection...

Ill forward those links to you. Hope they help.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's a link to a comparison piece on the two progs used for BB that you may get ideas from. As to development, you've got to get involved with the developers conference and it's activities. Contact RIM
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...money+programs