Hi, I know that BES generates a random Message ID when pushing emails out to ... Software & Theme Development forum

osopanda no está en línea Stack level 1

How does BES map emails with Exchange Server

Advertisement

Hi,

I know that BES generates a random Message ID when pushing emails out to BlackBerrys, but how does it maintain a relationship between a particular BlackBerry Email with Message ID and the original Email out on the Exchange Server?

Given a Message ID, is there a way to retrieve the original Email out on the Exchange Server?

Thanks
    Chi-Wei

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    **Mod, might want to move to BES Admin Forum**

Im not really sure what you are getting at. The original email is still on the server, even if the user deletes it off the bb, why would you need to retrieve the original if there is one on the bb, or am I just missing this completely?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

osopanda no está en línea Stack level 1
    I want my application on the blackberry to act on the email - but it would be benificial to get access to the original email on the server for performance reasons. So the issue is - i have this email on the BB - how can i find the corresponding original email out on the server? (Rather than trying to match sender/recipent/subject/time)