I've seen themes starting to show up now where people have made Today Plus style ... Software & Theme Development forum

ego1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

How To Do Customizable Bottom Dock in CDK 4.6?

Advertisement

I've seen themes starting to show up now where people have made Today Plus style themes that have a bottom dock with customizable third party icons (I'm assuming based upon the top row of the full home screen).

I know they're using the 4.6 version of the CDK . . . but I can't figure out how to do that in that version.

I'm doing a custom theme (I tried using just "today" as the type, but that didn't seem to give the options either).

Can anyone offer any advice?
    Thanks

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where did you get plazmic 4.6 from? I believe the newest one is for the 4.5..is this for the bold? Or can we have the new 4.6 for curve aswell? Kinda confused~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I don't think we're allowed to say where, but . . . a build of 4.6 has been leaked out.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Yes, google is your friend as far as getting the 4.6 CDK.

When you create a theme, choose Custom. Get some Zen icons on the screen, then go to the next section and select the box to the right (says something about using device apps, this will make the icons customizable by the user). Then in the first section, select Reposition Applications, and line them up however you want them. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Ganns. I found it myself and was just coming back to this thread to post my results . . . but thanks for posting.

So . . . one last question . . . and I think I know the answer that it's not possible, but . . . if I'm doing a today plus style theme . . . where I've got messages and calendar and then 4 or 5 icons across the bottom . . . . . obviously I want to scroll up and down in the messages and calendar area, but . . . is there any way I can go left to right to navigate my bottom dock? Just like 4.5, I have to continue to use up/down to actually scroll left/right. Hoping there's a way around that.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I did that on 4.5 but dont know about 4.6

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    When you're on the custom homescreen page (where you can place icons and such), go down to the very bottom (under all the other options for that screen) and select Navigation. It has an option to let you scroll sideways or up and down, but it really only applies if you're doing a theme with Profiles in the banner. You can play around with it and see how it works for you when you get it on your phone. Hope that helps a bit!