Hi all. New to the forum and working on my first theme. I have TB ... Software & Theme Development forum

iowabowtech no está en línea Stack level 2

Homepage Problem

Advertisement

Hi all. New to the forum and working on my first theme. I have TB 4.7 and am working on a theme for an 8330 Verizon OS 4.5.

I'm having two problems. One is that Simulator won't recognize my theme. I downloaded version 4.3 from RIM because it's the only one I could find that mentioned an 8330 Verizon. Anyway, at one time it recognized it but now it gives me the following message:

Warning. The homescreen navigation model does not allow the following focus points to be reached:
    Calendar
    My theme WAS using a bottom dock with 6 icon buttons via an .svg made in Composer. Figuring the issue may have been derived from there, I deleted the .svg from the theme so the only thing left on the homepage besides the banner, is "messages" and "calendar" in the main section that I chose to be there. The theme is created in a custom template.

If I allow the Simulator to come up and run anyway, it just shows up as a sort of default background with the Windows sky/clouds etc and shows none of my customizations. I'm really lost on how to proceed. I tried moving the messages and calendar boxes around and also tried changing fonts several times to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

So I trodded on and eventually just loaded the theme because Simulator wouldn't work. Here's the issues:

1.) The homescreen navigation path is problematic. My setup includes the banner with a proflies icon in it. Then in the Today section, I have Calendar and Messages. Here's the real problem...I cannot complete the scrolling "loop". The problem occurs between the messages (lowest item in today section) and the left-most icon in my bottom dock of 6 icons. I have to go all the way around one way or the other but it always stops at messages no matter the direction I'm scrolling from.

2.) My bottom dock/ icons (total of 6) were created in Composer. I have them set up with an underlay and a focus overlay. No underlay shows up behind each icon once loaded into the phone although the underlay is the ONLY thing I can see in Theme Builder and also in the little preview picture when you scroll through the theme choices on your Blackberry. At those times I can't see the actual icons picture (example: the wrench for options), I can only see the icon pictures when it's loaded into the phone and then the undlerlays are gone!! Also, third party icons don't highlight so it's hard to tell where you're at in the row of icons.

I know that's alot and it's kinda messy but any help would be HUGELY appreciated!!

Thanks everyone.

Nevermind. Figured the whole thing out. I'm starting over now that I've figured out the proper methods to putting icons on the homepage. The lack of scrolling ability was a function of the .svg made in Composer.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    lol glad you figured it all out cant wait to see what ya make
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>