Does anyone know of an app that creates shortcuts of web sites for your home ... Software & Theme Development forum

becmc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Question Home Screen Shortcuts

Advertisement

Does anyone know of an app that creates shortcuts of web sites for your home screen. I'm pretty new to all this and not so tech savvy. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Dont follow in my footsteps, I run into walls.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah you sure can, there are a couple of ways...

There are some popular website already out there that have their own, so look around..

Search the site you want for a blackberry shortcut

Or you can make your own, http://www.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/b2/?p=15

Thats the site but im not sure if its the right page, Its blocked here at work lol. directions are on the site as well.

or you can go here and find some popular ones you can install.. ota

http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog322.html
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Thanks so much I will give it a try.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    http://m.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/webshortcuts/ try this app...I haven't used it but this is the only thing that I can find. Navigate to the url via your Blackberry because they are all .jad files for OTA installation.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Lol Rashard beat me to it.

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Thanks for your time and help anyway RayZ

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Your welcome, I have used it before, and you can create your own Icons and upload them to photobucket or somewhere, then the the url of your icon and put that address into the main shortcut app, then the next time you run the shortcut it will find your icon and update it, (you will have to reload the icon the next time you reboot by going to the shortcut again.

Its a little bit of a hassle but i like that you get to create your own icon, and if you need any help with it let me know.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

iowabowtech no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just installed the aforementioned program last week. It's very nice. Great for folks who have a handful (up to 6) sites they visit on a regular basis. Obviously, you can bookmark them and not be TOO far behind in time, but it's a nice thing to have. RIM should have thought of it quite frankly.

One thing I have noticed is that on some custom themes at miminum, the icons need to be re-opened after changing themes. The icons revert back to the little green globes like they appear when you first get them. (you'll know what I'm getting at if you load this program).

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Thanks all. This is just what I'm looking for. I am trying it now. Ill let you know how it goes.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~