Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dear Fellow Pinstackers, If you're interested in helping me, I'll send you the theme I've ... Software & Theme Development forum

trueaznballa07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Hiding Bottom Dock -- Help

Advertisement

Dear Fellow Pinstackers,

If you're interested in helping me, I'll send you the theme I've begun, and the files I used on it. I really want this to be able to come true. I've made some changes, from doing the time in the center of the screen, as that's not availalbe for the pearl. However, I'm still interested in making my bottom dock hide & disappear. It would be nice, as well, if when moving my selector from message to calandar to phone icon, something would pop up showing new messages / events / missed calls (sort of like in the crossbar theme) except the only animation I'm looking for is for the bottom dock to slide up from the bottom of the screen, and to hide when not in use.

let me know what you think. If you're interested, I'll send you the files.

Here's a screenshot of the theme, as of now!

Since I took this screen shot, I have removed the storm like hover, and replaced it with the Precision focus. When not selected, only the icon appears, but when selected, the Precision focus appears..[/quote]

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    No it won't. Its a great video to start learning the basics of composer but it will not help you with this specific request ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    No it won't. Its a great video to start learning the basics of composer but it will not help you with this specific request ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

True. Sorry I should have clarified. I used the two tutorials to help me get a better understanding of Composer and with that knowledge I can now mess around enough to build a bottom dock that slides away. It's not perfect but I'm working on it.

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Would love to know what you are doing. I have learned a ton since watching that tutorial. I play with the composer and just try different things. I have realized how much more I can do with my themes now. But I still can't figure out how to get all of the icons to move together the way I want. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you wouldn't mind, can you guys PM me or help me out?
    I'd really like to make this work. It seems like such an awesome theme, and I'd like to do it. I just need assistance with the SVG because I'm not familiar in any sense with SVG.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    For some reason, I thought the title said "Hitting Rock Bottom"

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    Would love to know what you are doing. I have learned a ton since watching that tutorial. I play with the composer and just try different things. I have realized how much more I can do with my themes now. But I still can't figure out how to get all of the icons to move together the way I want. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    thats wht im also trying to figure out but i want mine on the sides. i have one im almost done with where i used the flick and slide nd hve the icons appear and dissapper individually but i too want the whole panel. theres a theme called Explorer avilable on Bplay that has the hiding dock and few theme builders here have also figured it out but no one is talking
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Could you possibly help me out with flick n slide 9 o 13? I have pearl and i'm completely dumbfounded by svg files.

I saw this somewhere. maybe you can try it:

tutorial: composer how to create a simple botom dock slide up svg file
    in this tutorial i'll show you how to create a botom dock with icons that slides up

1- open a new composer file and in the tool section select theme button. click on it and on the canvas create a new icon.
    2-now that you have created your icon it should be a bold message icon.
    place it where you want.
    -move to the inspector screen and edit the content that the icon commands.if you want a message icon leave it has it is. if you want the option icon or any other applications just edit it in the launch application.
    now if you already have a set of icon in the theme your creating you can select the use device application order.it wil give you a blue icon.
    3-now that you have set up the icon
    you need to add the effects.
    select the theme button animation and leave the normal mode on none
    - set the focus in to slide up. take a look at the canvas you will see the green boxe thats the surface action of the icon. it has changed into a rectangle.
    -< now create a set of icons and export the file you created has a svg file and load it in the theme your creating.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    sure. ill PM you
    Resistance Is Futile

Shao128 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    thats wht im also trying to figure out but i want mine on the sides. i have one im almost done with where i used the flick and slide nd hve the icons appear and dissapper individually but i too want the whole panel. theres a theme called Explorer avilable on Bplay that has the hiding dock and few theme builders here have also figured it out but no one is talking
    This can be done with composer, but you need to manually edit the SVG when you are done. Take a look at the TodayPlus.svg that comes with the CDK 4.6 at the bottom, its all in there. I've got it functioning but it has some small issues.

And for the OP, download the ZIP file here:

www . blackberrydeveloperconference . com/sessions/labs.aspx#tab_tab_tab_4

Take a look at page 28 of the PDF.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    And for the OP, download the ZIP file here:

www . blackberrydeveloperconference . com/sessions/labs.aspx#tab_tab_tab_4

Take a look at page 28 of the PDF.

OP?? what is that?
    Resistance Is Futile

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The original poster (OP)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    oh ok. Thanks. the OP isnt the only one trying to figure that out. theres a bunch of us! lol
    Resistance Is Futile

Like I said, its not that difficult once you do some reading, its the issues you run into after, the slide works as it should, but navigation is a different story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast