Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What you want to do is just use the code for the one or two ... Software & Theme Development forum

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5

Advertisement

What you want to do is just use the code for the one or two icons that have to hide the layer, not for every other icon. So put a icon on the screen and set the code to move the layer down when it is highlighted and put another icon on the screen and set the code to move the layer back to normal position when it is highlighted. You will not be able to use just one icon to do both. One way to make it look like you have one icon is by using two hidden icons. There are a couple ways to do it, but the easiest way since you are learning the code is checking out the response below to a similar question. Hope that helps.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by
    hi,

I'm trying to build a dock that will come up from the bottom when and image is selected, and go back down when the image is selected again. I have read through the tutorial but am having problems understanding how to do this for the storm. would you beable to take a look and help out? thanks.

Steve

There are a couple ways to do it, the probably easiest to understand way is to actually use 2 buttons instead of one, what I normally do is put an image in composer, then use two "invisible" buttons that switch places with each other when the other is selected (see pic). Basically one button will hide the dock and itself and bring the other button on screen and the other button will bring the dock and original button back on screen and hide itself. Hope that makes some sense. You can't just use one button, it has to be two, and make sure they are in different layers. I usually put the button that hides the dock and itself in the same layer and the other button in its own layer. Remember, its not the icons that move, its the "whole layer" that does.

also this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by

thanks for the response. so basically, I"ll have two layers...one for the icons and my dock graphin, and one for the button that will bring them back up. The tutorial states that i would use a command to move each icon (down 100 pixels, for example) but in this case, do i still need to create a command to move each icon or does it only require one command to move the whole layer? thanks for your help

You will actually need a total of 4 commands. 2 commands for each of the hidden buttons that tell the layer with the dock and the one button to move and the layer with the other button to move.

smhism no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, so let's see if I am confusing myself like I think I am lol. None of the apps on the dock need the code to hide anymore, just the two buttons you set to hide/show the dock. On the same layer of the dock? So if i have two separate buttons on a hidden side dock, one button on the right side of the dock to show the dock and one on the left to hide it. So currently I have the show dock button coordinates as (-360, 0) on the focus out half of the code, so for the hide dock button i'd need the (-360, 0) for the focus in half of the code? And will it effect this that I have a separate layer with hidden hotspots?

smhism no está en línea Stack level 1
    Figured out the two buttons on separate layers, but... when you focus on any of the other icons on the home screen (or hotspots) the dock hides. any way for this not to happen?

redhedincognito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2581CFB6
    Thanks Holster. This is helpful stuff. Any and all information helps. Hopefully I will be in a place where I can start helping others soon as well. Keep it up!
    "No Problem Can Withstand the Assault of Sustained Thinking" - Voltaire

mrZoSo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm trying to figure this dock stuff out for a Storm, and I'm getting a little confused here and can't get it to work. Out of everything I've read and watched, one says there's math involved, another one doesn't use math, some say you have to animate all the icons, some say you don't have to with a Storm just the dock buttons themselves. And everything I've tried so far, just gets me errors and won't even compile in Theme Builder. I'm really at a loss here with the different ways mentioned and the lack of information for the Storm. Yes this is the first time I'm trying the sliding dock stuff

In the image below is a simple version of what I want to do, the items marked with the red dot represent Layer 1, the item not marked is Layer 2.
    The 2 black boxes represent transparent buttons.
    What I want is to click the "Dock Up" button to raise the icons, Dock Down to lower them.
    Do you need to have an actual image for the dock or can you just use the layers with the icons by themselves?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if someone could maybe post an svg of what I have in the image, would be great too.

Thank You

KasiCatastrophe no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been trying to figure out how to do this for weeks and I'm glad I finally came across this tutorial! Thank you so much for making it

I do have one question though, would any of the math stuff be different when doing this for the Pearl Flip (because of screen size differences)? I followed the directions and cannot get the SVG to import into Theme Builder properly. I double and triple checked to make sure I didn't have any typos anywhere and that I saved the edited code correctly and it still will not work.

mrZoSo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I finally got my dock to work on my Storm, basically doing trial and error with the info provided here.
    I just hope that Plazmic adds this ability in a newer version of Composer.

redzapper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for a great tutorial! I am using it and it works quite well.
    Last edited by redzapper; 08-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by redzapper View Post
    Thank you for a great tutorial! I am using it and it works quite well.
    I do have a question. I used your tutorial to create a hidden top dock. The profiles icon is on the bottom left corner.
    When I first start the theme, I see both the profiles icon and the leftmost icon in the dock highlighted.
    Is there a way to start the dock icon highlight hidden?
    Thanks again!

It sounds like you have something set noooot quiiiiiittte riiightt in composer. Not sure exactly what it is with out seeing it, but one thing to remember is that whatever you have "on screen" in your composer file before you do anything is what will be on screen when you first load the theme. but most of the time it's just a matter of scrolling through all the icons once to get everything to go back to normal. i actually started putting all my docks off screen just because of that reason.

PS - to the other's on here I didn't reply to, its not because i was ignoring you. I just got my PC back up and running and I like to answer everyone on it instead of on my berry. Sorry.

dadiekane no está en línea Stack level 1

How to On Storm

Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo View Post
    I finally got my dock to work on my Storm, basically doing trial and error with the info provided here.
    I just hope that Plazmic adds this ability in a newer version of Composer.

How did you get it to work on the storm? can anyone post a tutorial on how to make a hidden dock on storm.....or written tutorial. can you email me and let me know how to do it....Dadiekane @ Yahoo.com

Jleeblanch no está en línea Stack level 1
    I personally just wanted to say thank you to Holster27 (and everyone else involved) for this Tutorial!

I recently just followed it step for step and created my first Hidden Dock theme with Highlighter Icon!! Successfully!!

It did take a little trial & error in the beginning because your tutorial is for the Curve 8300 series I assume and I was creating a Hidden Dock for the Curve 8900. After I got all the numbers right and understood exactly which numbers did what than I was off and running!!

So again, Thank You!!

bigg22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Every theme I create I keep coming back to this tutorial and it always helps me out.

I am currently having an issue with my current theme and was wondering what I am doing wrong. I have three seperate hidden layers that each bring up there own hidden dock. These all work fine. I also have added a today background that pops up when the today calendar info pops up, so that users with light colored backgrounds can still see the today section. I have this background coded to come up when the calendar_button is focused in and to disappear when the calendar_button is focused out.
    This all works fine, the problem I am having is that when I press one of the other button to bring up the hidden docks, the calendar background disappears but the calendar today text remains overlapping my hidden dock.

Why does this text not disappear when focused out. If i focus on the sound profiles icon the today text will disappear, but not when any of my composer created buttons are focused on.

What can I do to get rid of this problem?

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Let me hop in here for a minute.

You can move images without gifs or animation. You also never ever need to edit the text file. Everything you want to do can be done in composer itself.

I tell you this so you know. I am not offering help though because people take advice and use other peoples knowledge and profit from it. If the BB world wasn't so greedy and trying to charge $8 a theme. I would gladly teach everybody how to do 95% of composer.

enotar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello I am new here and I use to make some themes with themes builder for my old BB but now that I have a 9700 I am jumping to Composer and this info is great.

Thank you very much

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123