Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thought I would post on here real quick to refresh this on the list. Been ... Software & Theme Development forum

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5

Advertisement

Thought I would post on here real quick to refresh this on the list. Been gettin a lot of questions what the code means in these svg's which I think this tutorial could answer.

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    What'll be the best way to do if I'm only dealing with 1 icon? On the theme I'm working on I have 1 icon on the upper right hand corner for weather but when I create that with the Composer of course it wouldn't have the highlighter icon. If I want to do it with 1 icon is that the only way to do it is using focusin, focusout? Right now what I do for a work around is move the highlighter icon outside the screen by doing a focusout. But wondering is there a better way rather than move it out of the screen like a hidden docks does. Like hide it while is not focus. Thanks

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by alai99 View Post
    What'll be the best way to do if I'm only dealing with 1 icon? On the theme I'm working on I have 1 icon on the upper right hand corner for weather but when I create that with the Composer of course it wouldn't have the highlighter icon. If I want to do it with 1 icon is that the only way to do it is using focusin, focusout? Right now what I do for a work around is move the highlighter icon outside the screen by doing a focusout. But wondering is there a better way rather than move it out of the screen like a hidden docks does. Like hide it while is not focus. Thanks
    There is another way for something like that. It's hard to explain but I can show you in this image.

These are the last three lines in an svg without adding any code. I copy and paste these lines a lot for instances just like what you are saying, instead of something sliding into place it will just disappear. The notes should be pretty self-explanatory. The red arrows are pointing to an image name, change that to the name of your focus icon that highlights your weather icon as you have it named in composer. The Theme Button 1 will change to whatever you have the weather program icon named in composer. and the hidden/visible parts is what your focus image will do when the button is activated, focus on, and focus off of. So these may need to change.

Quick and easy fix for something like that, don't forget to change the "_anim_" numbers in this code as well.

hope that helps.
    Last edited by holster27; 06-12-2009 at 04:27 PM.

I'll give that a try. Thanks

update: I did what you say and it works. This is a lot easier and better then what i did before. Thanks for your help. Now I need to start think about how to do the auto hide as what you have done on a theme you create before.
    Last edited by alai99; 06-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I'll give that a try. Thanks

update: I did what you say and it works. This is a lot easier and better then what i did before. Thanks for your help. Now I need to start think about how to do the auto hide as what you have done on a theme you create before.
    I can't even begin to explain how I did it, was a lot of trial and error, but completely confusing to explain. One day I will sit down and try to write a tutorial for that one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I think I have did it wrong. I though it hide the highlighter icon but after I click on the icon and exit the program the icon disappear also until I move the focus out the icon to be show up again. I think I edit the wrong line. Have to keep trying.

holster27:
    you say the last 3 line. Is it always the last 3 line or how can I tell which line in the code I need to edit? Because I try to edit the last 3 line of that button but it only get part of it working. I'll keep trying edit different line there to see which one is the right one to edit. but if you know a way to tell which line I should be edit I'll be more happy to learn from you. Thanks

update:
    I think I found the line I need to edit. now the icon and the highlighter show up correctly. Thanks holster27 again.
    Last edited by alai99; 06-12-2009 at 03:25 PM.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I think I have did it wrong. I though it hide the highlighter icon but after I click on the icon and exit the program the icon disappear also until I move the focus out the icon to be show up again. I think I edit the wrong line. Have to keep trying.

holster27:
    you say the last 3 line. Is it always the last 3 line or how can I tell which line in the code I need to edit? Because I try to edit the last 3 line of that button but it only get part of it working. I'll keep trying edit different line there to see which one is the right one to edit. but if you know a way to tell which line I should be edit I'll be more happy to learn from you. Thanks

update:
    I think I found the line I need to edit. now the icon and the highlighter show up correctly. Thanks holster27 again.
    You will have to forgive me, you don't actually edit the last three lines. You copy and paste new lines of code in. Sorry, if you edit the last three lines, a button wont work right, sorry for the confusion, don't actually change the last three lines, copy and paste new lines of code in.

Just fixed my original response for anyone else that my find this useful.
    Last edited by holster27; 06-12-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    You will have to forgive me, you don't actually edit the last three lines. You copy and paste new lines of code in. Sorry, if you edit the last three lines, a button wont work right, sorry for the confusion, don't actually change the last three lines, copy and paste new lines of code in.
    ok I'll try again. I also did try add those 3 line in (after I think more what you mean before I see your reply) but I got error saying not understand "animate". Do I add those 3 line where the hidden dock code is? (at the end of the code before the ?)

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    ok I'll try again. I also did try add those 3 line in (after I think more what you mean before I see your reply) but I got error saying not understand "animate". Do I add those 3 line where the hidden dock code is? (at the end of the code before the ?)
    Yes any and all code has to go before the or it wont recognize it. and yes you can add it right after or right before the hidden dock code.

Yes any and all code has to go before the or it wont recognize it. and yes you can add it right after or right before the hidden dock code.
    weird before I put it before the hidden dock it gave me error on the animate. But this time I put it behind the hidden dock and works. I guess I'll just keep the code there because it finally working. Thanks for your help again.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    weird before I put it before the hidden dock it gave me error on the animate. But this time I put it behind the hidden dock and works. I guess I'll just keep the code there because it finally working. Thanks for your help again.

It really shouldn't matter where you put it, more than likely it was something typographical that you fixed the second time without realizing it. Glad you got it working though.

It really shouldn't matter where you put it, more than likely it was something typographical that you fixed the second time without realizing it. Glad you got it working though.
    I must have some typo when I put the code in the first time that I didn't realize. Because I try to move the code back up before the hidden dock code and is working this time.

smhism no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!

Sorry to bring this thread back from its comatose state, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I read through your tutorial after just figuring out 9of13's hidden dock last night, and I'm not doing something right. I keep getting "duration is not defined" errors when I try to load the .svg into plazmic. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Normally the easiest way to find the problem is after you have loaded it, try runnin the simulator or exporting it and normally plazmic will tell you exactly where the problem lies. Normally it is a easy error like you have duplicated a "anim=xx" code or something (where xx is the number and or letter you have that animation designated).

smhism no está en línea Stack level 1
    Got it! Thanks, I had it the focus as "focus_icons". I also realized this was not what i was looking for (even tho it will come in very handy!) I'm looking for a way to keep the hidden dock on the screen unless a single button is pressed (one to hide the dock, and one to unhide) on a storm. I can get the dock to hide via 9of13's how-to, but it hides when you focus any other hotspot or icon on the home screen. Any help? I'm basically teaching myself coding as I'm going along, so I really do appreciate it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast