Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UPDATE Ok, I went ahead and threw something together. Hope this helps some of us. ... Software & Theme Development forum

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5

Hidden Docks with a highlighter icon Tutorial

Advertisement

UPDATE

Ok, I went ahead and threw something together. Hope this helps some of us. Also, if anyone else knows of a different method or advice on the Tutorial, let me know. Like i said, I am no guru and I hope to be a small part of this great family of themers. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Hey guys,

I know I am not a true plazmic guru. But, I think i have mastered the art of adding a highlighter icon in the hidden docks we all are creating. Figured out a real simple way. Involves a little bit of code changing, adding and what not. I am sure someone else has figured out how to do this but I was curious if anyone would be interested in a tutorial on how to do it. I originally started with an animated gif to do it and then realized its not even that complicated, all you need is one picture and some knowledge of the code.

One thing I am not the best at is making one, in fact this would be my first. So before I start delving into it, I thought I would see if there is an interest in it.

let me know, and if you don't know what I am referring too, check out some of my newer themes and you'll see what I mean.

The whole point of the tutorial would be to add the highlighter so when you have icons that don't have a different "focus icon", you can tell when you are actually on it without having to look at the status text, or even include the status text.

Thought I would throw it out there for everyone, this site has helped me so much, and certainly wish i could contribute some back.

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by holster27; 04-25-2009 at 10:39 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    "Focus in/Focus out" just messing with ya pinpoint . Nice work Holster
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Holster, I think i might have figured out another method of doing this without the use of animated gifs. "Focus in focus out". it is based on the flick n slide editing. "focusin focus out". as soon as i get it to do what its suppose to "focus in focus out" ill email you my notes on it and get your opinion on which is more effective and easier.

focus in focus out

LOL
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    That's what I was saying. I've got a way without the animation. A whole lot easier. All you need is a single image to do it. Then just simple code to move the image around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    Holster, I think i might have figured out another method of doing this without the use of animated gifs. "Focus in focus out". it is based on the flick n slide editing. "focusin focus out". as soon as i get it to do what its suppose to "focus in focus out" ill email you my notes on it and get your opinion on which is more effective and easier.

focus in focus out

LOL
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    i am verry interested.

jbrill1012 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B7FF06
    Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    That's what I was saying. I've got a way without the animation. A whole lot easier. All you need is a single image to do it. Then just simple code to move the image around.

?

Without animation and you're moving an image around? Sorry if I don't see your point here but if your moving an image would that not be animation?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    What I meant was with an animated gif, now you can do it with only a single image. 9 if u want, I can send u some of my notes and we can work on a tutorial together.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrill1012 View Post
    ?

Without animation and you're moving an image around? Sorry if I don't see your point here but if your moving an image would that not be animation?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    well im still facing a few bugs. but the basic operation of it works. im just having positioning problems. its bacically importing the focus image and setting when to show and when not to show. i used the "flick n slide'' method. without the flicking or sliding
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I can probably save you alot of headaches if you want, make it real easy for ya, sounds like your on the right track. I will send you some screen shots in a little bit and compare if that's cool.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    well im still facing a few bugs. but the basic operation of it works. im just having positioning problems. its bacically importing the focus image and setting when to show and when not to show. i used the "flick n slide'' method. without the flicking or sliding
    Ok, maybe not tonight, I just got a sudden case of the "I need sleep" disease. East Coast goes to sleep early.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i know. im in NYC. but i work nights with the earliest i get out is midnight.
    Resistance Is Futile

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Anyway, Focus in/ Focus out!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    check the original post guys, just added my first tutorial, see what you think.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    MODS - Can you change the name of the title of this thread to include tutorial on it?

marluichon no está en línea Stack level 1
    awesome tut.. i already got the hidden dock part right but only the highlight icon is giving me such a headache.. hehe..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast