Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by holster27 its a common problem with 4.3/4.5 builds for curves and pearls. ... Software & Theme Development forum

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    its a common problem with 4.3/4.5 builds for curves and pearls. A trick I was taught to try and work around it is to build the svg as an 8350 svg and load it in the regular curve 8300 theme. If you drop it down to 6 icons the status text will work, It's that mysterious limit problem, nobody knows why, but it effects/happens when there is more than 8 icons, status text, today area's highlight bar, the background of the header. Nobody knows why, but when you add the 7th icon, BOOM! problems. Try exporting the svg as an 8350 svg to see if that fixes it. You will need plazmic 4.7 to do so with the updated version of composer.
    NICE!!! I was working on that for a new theme i was making before my comp went down *sigh* im so falling behind! LOL
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

dviddy3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK, it may seem like a really stupid question, but I'm trying to make this for my storm, and I want to make sure I understand correctly how to create the "extra button" to activate the dock.

You said to make an extra button that does nothing, so does that mean to use composer to add an extra "theme button" and place it along the same line as the other icons? For the time being, I placed a theme button above the dock, but I don't know what to do with it in the inspector. Do I just leave it at blackberry application, or do I change it to something else?

Basically can you just go into a lil more detail as to the positioning of the icon and what to assign to it in the inspector?

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by dviddy3 View Post
    OK, it may seem like a really stupid question, but I'm trying to make this for my storm, and I want to make sure I understand correctly how to create the "extra button" to activate the dock.

You said to make an extra button that does nothing, so does that mean to use composer to add an extra "theme button" and place it along the same line as the other icons? For the time being, I placed a theme button above the dock, but I don't know what to do with it in the inspector. Do I just leave it at blackberry application, or do I change it to something else?

Basically can you just go into a lil more detail as to the positioning of the icon and what to assign to it in the inspector?

What i normally do is after i place the icon, I set it as "3rd party application" and don't put anything in the white box below that. Then for the images, I either set as a hidden icon or somesort of image representing the action it will do, ie - an arrow, open, close, whatever. But that is how you set an icon that has no function.

tcox8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys, just want to say Thanks SO MUCH for the massive amount of help you guys have offered us!

I have a question about a theme for the storm that I'm doing. For testing purposes I'm using just a simple 3 icon hiding dock. Right now I have the three icons, the "rectangle" button behind the icons, and the hidden theme button on a different layer.

Everything works great, EXCEPT....all of my buttons, including my volume profiles button causes the dock to hide. How to I prevent this from happening!?

What I am trying to do is to have the one hidden theme button that shows AND hides the dock with no other buttons causing it to show or hide. Any help on this would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated!

This starts to get frustrating after looking at this code for hours upon hours and thinking you are moving forward when really you've taken 2 steps back! lol. Please help! Thanks! :-D

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox8 View Post
    Hey guys, just want to say Thanks SO MUCH for the massive amount of help you guys have offered us!

I have a question about a theme for the storm that I'm doing. For testing purposes I'm using just a simple 3 icon hiding dock. Right now I have the three icons, the "rectangle" button behind the icons, and the hidden theme button on a different layer.

Everything works great, EXCEPT....all of my buttons, including my volume profiles button causes the dock to hide. How to I prevent this from happening!?

What I am trying to do is to have the one hidden theme button that shows AND hides the dock with no other buttons causing it to show or hide. Any help on this would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated!

This starts to get frustrating after looking at this code for hours upon hours and thinking you are moving forward when really you've taken 2 steps back! lol. Please help! Thanks! :-D
    It sounds like you have more code than you need. What you want is just two lines of code associated with the hidden button that hides it. However what you want for the storm is a second hidden button that shows it. You won't need the code for the dock buttons in this theme.

so basically you need code that says when hidden button 1 is focused on, the layer with the dock will hide, and then you need code that says hidden button 2 will open the dock. Now some people like those two buttons to be in the same place which physically isn't possible. But what you can do is also include code that makes the 2 buttons switch places. hard to explain without seeing, so here is a pic -

basically in this image, there are two layers, first layer contains the dock and the hidden button (which is not highlighted) that will hide the dock. here you will need 2 lines of code, one 2 hide the layer with the dock, and one to move the off screen icon into place. Then when you have the other icon that brings the dock back up, you will need 2 lines of code that says to bring the dock back into position and move the button back off screen.

Hope that makes sense.

wow! very speedy reply :-D

In this example, do you have a background button that is behind all of the icons?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    wow! very speedy reply :-D

In this example, do you have a background button that is behind all of the icons?

there are basically two other buttons in this pic besides the dock buttons, they are invisible and one has a green box around it and the other is right above it "onscreen" over top of the blackberry logo.

Now if you are referring to a button that takes you to the apps screen when you click anywhere else on the screen, yeah, I normally include that as well, and it will be "under" everything else, if that makes any sense.

I think I have successfully confused myself even more. lol

I was referring to the button or image that is supposed to cover all of the icons and maybe this would be what you refer to as the "dock" itself.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Ahhh, I think I see what you are saying, talking about the image that the icons sit on top of? The panel or image that sits behind the icons that moves with them does not always have to be there, it is up to the user, I know 9 included in the tutorial, but if you don't want it there, than you dont have to have it. Remember the code basically says to move the layer, and everything that is in it. so you could put 5 pictures and 4 buttons in that layer and they would all move at the same time.

ahhh! That explains a lot! haha

I'm going to try doing a small example of what you were doing with the moving the buttons off screen (like the picture you posted).

Just a quick question (sorry i'm being such a bother about this lol), but you said I am using too much code? Does that mean I only need the 4 lines added to my .svg that you suggested earlier? Or do I also need to include the code to move every icon, like in the tutorial?

And by that I mean the lines from the TodayPlus.svg

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    ahhh! That explains a lot! haha

I'm going to try doing a small example of what you were doing with the moving the buttons off screen (like the picture you posted).

Just a quick question (sorry i'm being such a bother about this lol), but you said I am using too much code? Does that mean I only need the 4 lines added to my .svg that you suggested earlier? Or do I also need to include the code to move every icon, like in the tutorial?

No you will not need the code that says when buttons1,2,3,4,or 5 or whatever you have them called are focus in or out that the dock moves, just the other ones that are already doin the job. If you add those lines, that is why when you click on anything else in the picture the dock is moving because you are taking the focus off of the dock and that code says to hide it when that happens.

Make sense? I feel sometimes I am terrible at saying things rather than showing them.

Makes sense. And you are doing a great job at explaining it! I thank you SO much for all your help! I'm gonna try messing around with this to see if I can get it right! Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    And by that I mean the lines from the TodayPlus.svg
    One thing that I think helps people is another tutorial that i put together, which really explains how the code works and what exactly it is doing. With the newer phones out that don't have the scroll wheel or ball and have the touch screens, i think that tutorial along with this one together can really explain a lot.

here is the link

http://forums.pinstack.com/f28/hidden_docks_with_a_highlighter_icon-106939/

Ok, I read the tutorial you posted, which was great! I'm starting to understand this a lot more!

One more question though lol. When you say I only need 4 lines of code. Are you considering this as 1 line:

" to="0,0" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Theme_Button_1.focusin" />"

This is where I'm getting confused.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast