Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

You're welcome. if you have the same amount of anim lines as you do buttons, ... Software & Theme Development forum

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Advertisement

You're welcome. if you have the same amount of anim lines as you do buttons, yes... Leave that coding... You can add either a today area, or an activation icon from the "theme the home page" tab in theme builder.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Daredevil - I think you and jason are on the right track, but to me, it looks like you actually have too much code. To think about it in words, you only need two lines total if you have two buttons. If you are keeping both buttons on screen whether the dock is visible or hidden, you need to make sure that they are on a different layer than your dock. Then the only code you need is 1 line of code for each button basically saying:

when button 1 is focused on, move the dock off screen

when button 2 is focused on, move the dock to its original position (ie (0,0))

daredevilsadvocate no está en línea Stack level 1
    so ...I have made the buttons...named theme_button_6 (to lower the dock) and theme_button_7 (to raise it back up) on one layer in the .cp....what code do i have to insert into the svg after i render it out from composer? You said it was only 2 lines?...

Thanks!!

~dd
    Last edited by daredevilsadvocate; 11-06-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: retyped message to clarify

PIN/ID
    be kind
    Thanks Holster!! I was hoping someone better at explaining things would come around... I'm awful with word.

Thanks for everyones help here....I am so close if I can get my question above answered.....besides my other little issue I will address once this is done.....

...just wanted to say thanks again...

~dd

PIN/ID
    be kind
    No worries man!! Feel free to bbm me if ya need to... I sent my pin yesterday... I think. I hope, now I don't remember...

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevilsadvocate View Post
    so ...I have made the buttons...named theme_button_6 (to lower the dock) and theme_button_7 (to raise it back up) on one layer in the .cp....what code do i have to insert into the svg after i render it out from composer? You said it was only 2 lines?...

Thanks!!

~dd
    to use the code you have in this post, it should something like this.

####animateTransform xlink:href="#Buttons" id="_anim_l1" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    to="0,0" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Theme_Button_6.focusin" /####
    ####animateTransform xlink:href="#Buttons" id="_anim_d1" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    to="0,65" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Theme_Button_7.focusin" /####

provided that button 6 is the one you are going to use to show the layer and button 7 is the one you are going to hide it. Also providing that you are moving the layer down by "65".

One thing that may help you understand the code and how it works, is my tutorial "hidden dock with highlighter" that is here on pinstack. Before you even look at it, everything I learned started out with this tutorial here and eventually expanded my knowledge by just messing around with it. Blackberry.com has some good guides (you will probably have to fish around for em) for svg coding. I think I posted some links somewhere here in pinstack as well, they may be on that thread with my tutorial. I have found that once most people understand how the code works and what it is doing to your theme, than things make a whole lot more sense and you save yourself time (and extra coding).

bigg22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GuillNelva View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer....I don't know gimp...But i've just downloaded it...
    Go to the gimp website gimp.org, they have a bunch of good tutorials to teach you everything from the basics to the more advanced tricks and techniques. Really helps out alot.

bigg22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have used both this 9of13 tutorial as well as holster27s highlighter tutorial and am having some problems getting my theme to work properly on the storm.

I have a ten button hidden dock that is opened and closed with seperate buttons that overlap each other. The close button is in the layer with the hidden dock and the open button is in the layer below. I have used only the two lines of code to open and close the dock using the open and close button

to="0,0" dur="0.1s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Open_Button.focusin" />

to="0,200" dur="0.1s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Close_Button.focusin" />

I have renamed the layer to buttons and changed the slot of each button to the order I want. The dock hides and appears as it should, the problem I am having is that all of the hidden dock buttons open whatever is in slot0. The proper icons appear for the proper slot (ie slot1 had slot1 icon, slot2 has slot2 icon ....), but they all open slot0.

What am I doing wrong?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigg22 View Post
    I have used both this 9of13 tutorial as well as holster27s highlighter tutorial and am having some problems getting my theme to work properly on the storm.

I have a ten button hidden dock that is opened and closed with seperate buttons that overlap each other. The close button is in the layer with the hidden dock and the open button is in the layer below. I have used only the two lines of code to open and close the dock using the open and close button

to="0,0" dur="0.1s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Open_Button.focusin" />

to="0,200" dur="0.1s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Close_Button.focusin" />

I have renamed the layer to buttons and changed the slot of each button to the order I want. The dock hides and appears as it should, the problem I am having is that all of the hidden dock buttons open whatever is in slot0. The proper icons appear for the proper slot (ie slot1 had slot1 icon, slot2 has slot2 icon ....), but they all open slot0.

What am I doing wrong?
    It sounds like you need to go edit the code. There are two "slot" codes that sometimes have to be fixed. The first ones you see are the pictures or icons, the second one in the code further down is the applications that are opened. Alot of times this will happen when the the interactivity focus is out of order in composer.

But a relatively easy fix.

New Theme Builder Package Out

There is a new plazmic kit out...now called Blackberry Theme Studio....check it out here...

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/develop...p=OTC-DEVSTDO#

cheers,

~dd

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    here we go! Installing now! Thanks for the heads up daredevil!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

TheLaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    First Post! Can someone please tell me where I change the Navigation to "No Memory" in Theme Builder 5.0? I am working on a sliding dock for the Storm.

Thanks

ego1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    First off, this has been a GREAT tutorial. I've learned so much about composer just from this . . . thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Which . . leads to my question. So, I'm making a hidden bottom dock for my 9700 . . . on my home screen, I've got two today icons with 3 subentries each . . . so they pretty much fill up the entire screen. When I activate my bottom dock, it raises up from the bottom, but the last two lines of my calendar today entry are showing up OVER the bottom dock and its icons.

Is there a way to make the dock's SVG file sit OVER whatever is displayed on the home screen, instead of underneath??

Thanks

crazyman101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Perfect tutorial, thank you very much. picked up composer today, and took me 20min. Did anyone figure out how to hide the dock after a few seconds of inactivity, instead of having to scroll over profile icon or an invisible icon?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast