Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Curve1967- it seems i was able to shake things up a bit over at crackberry.com ... Software & Theme Development forum

feiny34 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Curve1967-

it seems i was able to shake things up a bit over at crackberry.com (read the post and thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/op...orever-287477/)...
    ...in the end, i was told that on top of what holster proposes to do, what's left is that you have to "add the precision320x240.thm file to the Dimensions resources so when you load plazmic it won't crash" ... it seems the author and i, after working out some interpersonal details, were able to reach a meeting point amicably and see eye-to-eye.

i'm at work now, i can't test it out till later, but hopefully it works. let me know.
    fein
    Last edited by feiny34; 08-06-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addenda

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by feiny34 View Post
    Curve1967-

it seems i was able to shake things up a bit over at crackberry.com (read the post and thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/op...orever-287477/)...
    ...in the end, i was told that on top of what holster proposes to do, what's left is that you have to "add the precision320x240.thm file to the Dimensions resources so when you load plazmic it won't crash" ... it seems the author and i, after working out some interpersonal details, were able to reach a meeting point amicably and see eye-to-eye.

i'm at work now, i can't test it out till later, but hopefully it works. let me know.
    fein

AWESOME!!!! I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE GAME FOR A LITTLE WHILE, NOW I GOT SOMETHING NEW TO TRY - GOOD WORK TO YOU. Gonna see if I can get it working tonight!!

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by feiny34 View Post
    Curve1967-

it seems i was able to shake things up a bit over at crackberry.com
    U certainly did do that, haha, gonna try figuring this out soon. Will share what I know!!!

curve1967 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Was able to get it to work thanks to feiny34

MY LotR Theme with Date and Time in the middle of the Screen

Here is my 8300custom.properties files (items in Red are the things I changed or added.

theme.name = 8300 Dimension Custom
    theme.os = 4.7
    theme.device = 8300
    theme.file = precision320x240.thm
    theme.style = custom
    theme.navigation = rollerball
    theme.base = bbdimension_today_320x240_b
    theme.alternateBase = bbdimension_today_320x240_w
    theme.plastic = plastics/BlackBerry 8300.png
    theme.bannerHeight = 36
    theme.homescreenBannerHeight = 51
    theme.homescreenbanner = true
    theme.fullscreen = true

theme.bannerFontSuffix = 8100z
    theme.thumbnail = images/thumb_icon.png
    theme.phoneVolumeFile = net_rim_Phone_Volume-icons50x50
    theme.phoneReceiverRibbon = net_rim_Phone_Receiver-icons50x50
    theme.indicatorPhoneRibbon = net_rim_Phone-icons
    theme.iconWidth = 53
    theme.iconHeight = 48
    theme.supportedHandheldOs = 4.2.2,4.3,4.5
    theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
    theme.importOs = 4.2.2,4.3.1,4.5,4.6
    theme.symbolsBorderWidth = 30
    theme.transWidth = 50
    theme.transHeight = 30
    theme.keyModWidth = 50
    theme.keyModHeight = 24
    theme.navArrowWidth = 28
    theme.navArrowHeight = 18
    theme.hourglassWidth = 50
    theme.hourglassHeight = 50
    theme.defaultHierarchy = dimension

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I was right behind ya, same thing, don't know if it was necessary on my end or not, but I also copied that .thm file into the 8300 folder. haven't tried it without it, but seems to work, haven't tested it on my phone yet. Anyone got it workin on a phone? Give me a few and I will have it tested.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    BTW - Thanks to all who discovered this and thanks to curve1967 for posting the text up. Great work Pinstackers!!!!!!!

curve1967 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I haven't tested it on my phone but I have tested it in the RIM 4.5.0.127 BlackBerry Simulator.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    GI JOE THEME - here I come!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Found a bug in the process here, noticed on mine than noticed on curve's screenshot few posts back. Icons and Meters and other "stock" things don't seem to be loading correctly, check out the battery and signal meter and how they are cutoff. The icons that preload in theme builder are the precision icons but the ones that export are the dimension, looks like we need to find the line that fixes that, working on it. But I can say that i exported and loaded it on my phone and it does work!!!! Except for those bugs!

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Also fonts aren't transferring either. I have found that if you go in and change to the proper images even though they look preloaded, that does work. but, it doesnt save those images, hope all this makes sense.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I should of thought of this. The reason it is coming up with the regular icons and the cutoff meters and fonts, is because the base theme will call for the stock dimension material that is already on the phone, which is the old icons and meters, so that is why this is happening. We will just have to make sure we hand change everything so that we get the right look - if anyone else can figure out another way, let me know, PLEASE!

glad to hear it works. just got home and am toying around with it. i think holster mentioned it-be careful and make sure you import the properly sized fonts, icons, meters, etc. or they will cut off. i can't seem to get them to cooperate, but if you do please let me know how! happy themeing!
    Last edited by feiny34; 08-07-2009 at 01:22 AM.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    feiny34 - have you come up with a "quick way" to import everything, I am having to do each one individually by hand and I know I am gonna skip something. I tried opening up a 8350 theme, saving it under a different name and importing it into the 8300 theme and still get the same results with the old style icons and meters.

Or has anyone else figured out a quick work around for this yet.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    OK - still no progress with preloaded icons and such, however, now I am finding that my icons are warped when I change them, at least they are on my simulator - I know it has something to do with the fact that the icons are supposed to be 48 x 36, the precision theme preloads 52 x 52 and then when I try to load up my 48 x 36 icons, it is shrinking them to almost half size. Anyone else finding the same thing? I am gonna go check out the themes on crackberry that I have seen with them and see if they are similar.

holster, i haven't given much more effort to it-i tried to get things imported properly, i must have missed something, because no matter what, it looked ok in theme builder but was stock dimension by the time the simulator came up. going to try to some more this weekend probably.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast