I am frustrated. It took me about 4 hours to get Plazmic and all the ... Software & Theme Development forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Question help with Plazmic 4.6

Advertisement

I am frustrated.

It took me about 4 hours to get Plazmic and all the other required software downloaded and installed. Now I am at a loss as to where to begin.

I open plazmic, select the Bold themeset... Select custom theme and the proper screens show up.

Here is where I get lost. I can't figure out how to get the proper menu icons on the page.

Indeed I have read the manual (well bits and pieces) but I am lost there too.

The manual says.....

Specify the Home screen background
    1. Click the Custom Home Screen button at the left of the Inspector pane.
    2. Click the Background thumbnail image.
    3. Navigate to the image to use as the background image for the Home screen.

Specify the Application Menu icon
    1. Click the Custom Home Screen button at the left of the Inspector pane.
    2. Click the Application Menu thumbnail image.
    3. Navigate to the image to use as the Application Menu icon

Search as I might, I can't find the Custom Home Screen button anywhere in the Inspector pane.

Has anyone made a video tutorial of basic custom theme creation?

Help me before I hang myself from my USB cables!!
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 11-12-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: clarity
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    sirthinks
    hit me up today
    my pin: 31a52e1c
    I'll be available for any and all theme builder questions you may have.
    we'll get you through this!!!
    just hang in there!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Dude don't tell him to "hang" in there. He just said he's got his cords ready lol. And don't worry sirthinks, its hard at first but once you figure it out, you'll be poppin out themes like a catholic woman does babies~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    Well this is all encouraging....i'm about to attempt to make my first theme...a little nervous about the level of difficulty now!
    Hope it goes smoothly.....

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by metalroger View Post
    Dude don't tell him to "hang" in there. He just said he's got his cords ready lol. And don't worry sirthinks, its hard at first but once you figure it out, you'll be poppin out themes like a catholic woman does babies~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

haha HANG IN THERE didn't eve think about it HAHA
    awesome!

trena: if you have ANY issues let me know. I'll be more then happy to help with whateve I can just hit me up on my BB or send me a PM.
    I'm at work today so I don't know when I'll be able to check back at this thread.

you guys will both have SOOOOOOOOO much fun with theme builder. I know it's a lot to download but once you mess with it a bit you ARE GOING TO HAVE SOOOOOO MUCH FUN.

also keep in mind in the plazmic directory you get some sample icons and banner meters and all kinds of neat little graphics.
    if you go here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s.php?catid=23

you will find all sorts of neat icons and a whole assortment of goodies espically for theme building.

good luck and whatever you do DON'T HANG ANYWHERE!
    haha
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey