I just started playing with building themes last night. i have one that I want ... Software & Theme Development forum

PookieLuv no está en línea Stack level 1

Help With my Theme

Advertisement

I just started playing with building themes last night. i have one that I want to try, but I keep getting a "The following objects are outside the allowed boundries" error. I know I could just move them over, but. I have larger icons in a "L" shape around the bottom and left hand side of the screen. I'm trying to get three smaller "Today" icons in the center. But their parameter boxes are too long and the right side is hanging off the screen causing this error. Can I resize the object box to fit it on the screen?

Chris

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up Welcome to theme building!

Quote Originally Posted by PookieLuv View Post
    I just started playing with building themes last night. i have one that I want to try, but I keep getting a "The following objects are outside the allowed boundries" error. I know I could just move them over, but. I have larger icons in a "L" shape around the bottom and left hand side of the screen. I'm trying to get three smaller "Today" icons in the center. But their parameter boxes are too long and the right side is hanging off the screen causing this error. Can I resize the object box to fit it on the screen?

Chris

Yes, you can by using Gimp (image manipulating software (free)) or you can use pix resizer also a free app. Just be sure to resize their size so it fits to your needs. I've used everything on a today that I can think of to use as a banner. Hope this helps and welcome to theme building. Glad to hear people are now more interested on it than before. Takes a big load off us theme building veterans
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

OK, I have GIMP. But it will resize the text box? I'm not sure if that's the correct word for it, but thats what it reminds me of. Like when you're adding an image to a word doc and you can grab the corners of it to resize it. Whenever I click on a particular section, one of those text boxes appear even with the little drag markers on the corners.

So there's no way to resize it in the programs?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    you could make the font smaller...

I shrank the font down to the point it was unreadable. Didn't get rid of the test box though. I was trying it using the original icons. I just played around with it some more and actually changed the icons. That got rid the "text box", so I was able to get everything the way I wanted it.
    I guess if I'm going to continue doing this, I'll need to learn to make icons that match the theme I'm going with. Any suggestions for good icon makers? Preferably some that come with step by step instructions, LoL.
    Anyway, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Chris

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This thread is closed but you can give it a try

Link

Cool thanks. I'll save that and definitely use it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No worries, Good luck feel free to ask away there are great theme builders here always willing to help out. Glad you figured out the box issue . Take care

Well, if anyone wants to try this theme let me know and I'll send it. I know I need to work on the color scheme and I don't have a simulator to view the finished process. I'm having to load it on my phone to actually test it. But I would like some feedback. Is there a way I can post it on here for people to view and try and offer feedback?

OK, it's not working properly. Navigation from one icon to the next on the homescreen is all messed up. I can only go up and down, not left to right.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    you have to set the order of how you want those icons to move under properties-navigation. And in order to make them customizable you must also check the box located in properties--application order.

I don't have a box marked application order in properties. It seems like I have seen it before, but can't find it now.

Cancel that, it appears thats only an option on the regular icons. Not the today icons.