I'm trying to start making apps for my BB, however I've had a difficult time ... Software & Theme Development forum

redcard no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with building new app - cannot biuld

I'm trying to start making apps for my BB, however I've had a difficult time locating a nice guide or list of what the different codes do. Well I found an OK tutorial here:
    After I finished typing/copying the text over, it says to go to Build => Build All. When I do that I get an error message of:
    Building FirstApp
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import="..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=FirstApp FirstApp.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200 "C:\Documents and Settings\OWNEr\My Documents\BBapps\helloworld\check\com\rim\samples\helloworld\"
    I/O Error: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    Error while building project
    I believe I have all of the components installed and updated. I have installed the 4.3 JDE, Java 2 thingy(can't remember what it was), and I installed the Plazmic Theme Creator as well. I'd appreciate any help, including sites/books for BB dev

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2
    You need to download and install the Java JDK (not just the JRE), and then place the location of the javac.exe file into your system PATH.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.