Okay, I have been trying to create my own theme for my new bb (I ... Software & Theme Development forum

jcarver666 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help with 8130 Themes

Advertisement

Okay, I have been trying to create my own theme for my new bb (I am new to the whole bb thing). I wanted to create an iron cross theme, so I downloaded all the programs and have been looking at images to use for things, icons, etc (I have downloaded several images so far). I have been at this for almost three days now!!! It's driving me crazy. I am very computer literate, but the whole concept now of .cod and .axl and jad and jar and all of these things, are new to me. Could someone either give me a detailed step by step process that won't take me more than an hour or so to do (I will tell you the programs I have downloaded already and as I said, I am very computer literate, it's just the bb stuff that is new to me), or if someone is good at doing themes, will you just make it for me! I would appreciate greatly either option. I have downloaded:

- Plazmic CDK v4_6
    - Blackberry JDE Components _4[1].6.0.exe (along with the Plazmic CDK user
    guide and plazmic theme builder user guide)
    - The Java runtime environment version 6 update 10
    - The Jave SE Development Kit 6 Update 10
    - And the icon program Gimp (I hoping to convert images to png files because of
    the type of icons I wanted most likely don't exist)

If someone could help me out, I would forever be thankful. Otherwise, I just give up on this for a while. Thanks.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Welcome to pinstack!!

hey J,
    I'm glad that you wanted to get into theme building! you will find it an AWESOME way to continue to have fun with your BB
    lol

first do you have an image editor?
    (I'd recommend the gimp (www.gimp.org) or paint (paint.net))
    I would get some sort of image editing software as this will make your time with theme builder MUCH more enjoyable.

second the terms .alx and .jad apply to what kind of file you want to export.
    alx is used by Desktop manager and .jad is used by websites to load .cod files (both options will give you .cod's) or .jar files.

when using .alx as an option you will get one .alx and one .cod
    when using .jad you will get your .jad file and a bunch of cod's (the number of CODs you get will vary depending on what you have altered in the theme. the more alterations you do the more COD's you get.
    note:you can load the .jad and .cod files to your media card and load your theme form there

what is it that is getting you confused?
    ask more questions and get more answers. just let us know what else you have questions about.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 11-28-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jcarver666 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for the info, I am going to try running the program and see what issues I run into. I will let you know soon what specific questions I may have.

cool man!
    I'm always available so if you ever need quick answers feel free to either PM me or BBM me
    pin 31a52e1c

good luck and HAVE FUN!!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

danielle8587 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am running into the same kind of problems. I have downloaded all of the programs necessary for making my own theme and I have a couple made and saved on my computer, but getting those themes to my BB s is not as easy as making the theme itself. My boyfriend and I both have BB s and I cannot get any of the themes onto either of them. Help? Please?

Ok if you are exporting as a .jad I'd recommend making a folder specifically for set theme's .jad and corresponding .cod files.

Then copy all of those file to your BB's memory card and unhook it from your PC. Go into media and hit menu then choose "explore" find the .jad file and select it (with the track ball by clicking the file, or hit menu and then "download")
    It will then install the theme on your phone.

If you are exporting a .alx file all you should have to do is (after the theme is exported) hool your BB to your computer and then and run desktop manager, go to app loader and then browse for new software and go to the folder where you .alx and .cod are and select the .alx. It will load it and after you hit next it will show you what alterations to your phone are going to take place. Then hit finish and it will load the theme to your phone. Then the phone will re-boot.

Hope this helps.

Also make sure you exporting to the proper phone type and OS of your phone.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

danielle8587 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you so much for your help! That did work. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the stuff changed on plazmic so I can put my own themes on my curve. I am running on os 4.3 and when I export a theme for my curve it only gives the option to export for 4.5. I did see step by step instructions on how to change the coding in it or whatever, but it didn't work. Anyway thanks again!!