Hey all, Was wondering if someone could please help me on an .SVG file problem. ... Software & Theme Development forum

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro

Question Help on .SVG file. New Message Indicators not showing up

Advertisement

Hey all,

Was wondering if someone could please help me on an .SVG file problem. I created a new dock in Composer for an 81xx. I have 4 icons on the bottom (SMS/MMS, Default Inbox, Add Book and Calendar.) They are set to those apps and not application order. I did that because I wanted to use some oversized icons on the home screen.

Everything looks good when I added it to Theme Builder and to the phone. However, New Message Indicators are not showing up on the home screen on these icons. They only show up on the SMS/MMS, Default Inbox icons in the APPS screen. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Is this a composer setting? I did some digging but cannot figure this one out.

THANKS!!!!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    When you put the sgv file into the theme, there's a box that says something like "render banner over homescreen". To be honest with you, I don't really know what that does , but it doesn't hurt to try out different things.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Render Homescreen Over Banner makes your svg with a background image completely cover your banner so its not shown on the homescreen, but will show on the app screen.

What are your "Messages" set to in "Preferences" in themebuilder? Try having them set to separted in themebuilder and theme controlled on your blackberry. Just a guess, this is all I can think of.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

Thanks guys!

My Theme Builder settings are: SMS and MMS in one in box. Email in another. So is my BB.

I'll change to seperate and see if that helps

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    or on the Interactivity/Actions menu...are you setting your "events" to change the icon with new mail?

Inboxes didnt help..

In the Interactivity/Actions menu i have it set to "On Button - Theme Button X" - Activate.

Do I just choose> Change Event and change it to: On Theme Event: On New Mail ?

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    To be honest I haven't tried it. But by the looks of it this should be your answer.

It might cause the New Mail to launch automatically because the custom event is set to launch New Messages, or Launch New MMS/SMS when the event occurs lol..gotta try it now.

After thinking about it for a minute if this is the case, you can create popups like aerize alerts?!? or peekawho alerts when new mail comes in. hrmmmm...
    Last edited by brondonnelly200; 12-24-2008 at 01:15 PM.

LOL Thanks for your help.

I'm gonna play with this and see what I can do. I'm adding a component (the new mail notifier.png) and setting it to appear when new mail arrives. We'll see if that works - if it does I'll post a tutorial.

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Yeah a tut with be great for everyone...

sweet....it automatically opens the messages when new mail arrives...now just to get it to open up the mail itself...

hrmm...I think this would be a great free way to get Email PopUp Alerts...lol

sorry to get a little off topic, you can even have it hidden on the homescreen and have new messages open up automatically when they arrive...no need to add another application to our precious memory if we build it into the theme....PeekAwho watchout...lol
    Last edited by brondonnelly200; 12-24-2008 at 02:24 PM.

cheristar no está en línea Stack level 1
    my 8900 icon does not work, I can only access my sms messages by clicking the blackberry key and going into sms and mms......... HELP

parkerstorm no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb

the only was i have found to do this is was to make user defined icons in composer then set the icons to the top in theme builder under heiarchy.

NormB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you ever get this problem solved ? I'm having the same issue and would love to fix.