So I was thinking about this crazy idea for a 3rd Party app for the ... Software & Theme Development forum

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

Guitarists Check out my idea

Advertisement

So I was thinking about this crazy idea for a 3rd Party app for the 8700 & if any of you are familiar with Peterson Strobe Tuners, you may appreciate this:
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could plug your guitar into an adapter that hooks up to your bb to tune and intonate your guitar?
    I do fly quite a bit and sometimes it isn't practical to bring my tech box with me. I have the Strobe software on my laptop but sometimes that isn't practical either.
    Is it feasible for something like this? Just a thought.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

gpptsi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Guitarists Check out my idea

That would be cool need some guitar apps for the blackberry. How about power tabs or guitar pro for BB.

Somemedic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40239DE2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My captain and I were having a little jam session at the fire station the other shift but I couldn't remember the lyrics. I ran a search on google ie 'name of song' lyrics. Its pretty simple and I have yet to not find a song. I don't see why you couldn't run the same kind of search instead of putting 'lyric' in the search field put 'tab'. Reading the tabs might be difficult but were you near a fax machine I think you could forward the page to the fax machine. Just a thought

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't know about plugging a guitar into the BB, but maybe an app that would just play a constant 440.

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

A Blackberry and a tuner in one. That would be outstanding! Please let me know if this ever comes about. Great idea!
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

My nerd friend said it could be done. It would be memory heavy with a strobe and all but a general tuner is feasible.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

One idea that might help with yours: modify a wire so that you can plug your guitar into the headset jack. Run the signal from your guitar into the microphone signal line of the headset jack. Then you'll need to write the appropriate software to read this signal line and run your signal processing on that.

It might be easier to first write your software to conduct the signal processing on the normal microphone (not headset) input.