I've only been developing themes for a very short time, but I would like to ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Going Premium?

Advertisement

I've only been developing themes for a very short time, but I would like to try my hand at making premium themes to sell somewhere as the free ones I've shared have went over very well. I already have a couple themes that I have not shared for the purpose of making them my first "premium" themes, problem is, I don't know where to start

I've already submitted an application to sell on MobiHand, but after contacting me to request more information and screenshots, I've not since heard back from them.

Could someone point me in the right direction of a place to sell these themes that won't charge me some ridiculous upfront fee like BB App World does?

Any information to help get me started would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to all who reply!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    mobihand sometimes takes a few days or so depending. I think I got my answer in a week, no up front fee they just take 20 to 40% off the top. Be patient they will contact you

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How about posting some here on PinStack, JB? We'd love to see your work and we have some pretty good themers (ahem, PapaMags! ) who could help critique, etc.

We allow some themers to post Premium themes here as well, but it would require you to first post up some free ones to "get your feet wet," so to speak.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If you still need hosting hit us up here on the stack we can help

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks and sorry it took me so long to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    mobihand sometimes takes a few days or so depending. I think I got my answer in a week, no up front fee they just take 20 to 40% off the top. Be patient they will contact you
    I still haven't heard from them and that's beyond annoying considering they say you will know in 24-hours. I also never did find a page which stated their fees, but I did read on a CB forum thread that it was up to 40%, depending on where purchased. So I guess I will just continue to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    How about posting some here on PinStack, JB? We'd love to see your work and we have some pretty good themers (ahem, PapaMags! ) who could help critique, etc.

We allow some themers to post Premium themes here as well, but it would require you to first post up some free ones to "get your feet wet," so to speak.
    I would be more than happy to post what I have here, just keep in mind that the ones I have shared, are not necessarily the ones I was thinking about going premium with. They're more so how I learned to use the software, but they work and have been downloaded quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    If you still need hosting hit us up here on the stack we can help
    I've been using MyBbOTA and have been extremely pleased. Their support has gone so far above and beyond that its not even funny. But if I do figure out a way to go premium, I will be looking for an OTA host that will allow me to hide my themes so they can't be downloaded by just anyone.

But that is my ultimate goal, to sell themes. I didn't think I would have the patience to make one theme, but here I am almost two weeks later and I've done about eight of them (most remakes for a series I did). I never would have thought it would be something I truly enjoy

Thanks guys and I will get to putting together a post right now on what I have so everyone can take a look and give their feedback.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info