Hey Friends, I was wondering if there is a way to save a .gif file ... Software & Theme Development forum

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3

.Gif Homescreen?

Advertisement

Hey Friends,
    I was wondering if there is a way to save a .gif file as the homescreen wallpaper. A buddy of mine got a mms the other day and set it as his home screen background wallpaper. However when I tried it only a quarter of the .gif showed up and wasn't animated. I have the 8320 and he has Black Slate from Verizon. Just curious!

Thanks,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Unfortunatly, you cannot set an animated image as your homescreen and have it move...
    However, I could make you an animated SVG out of it and apply it to a homescreen and build a theme around it. If you are intrested, let me know.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus,
    I thank you for your response and for your offer. However, I wasn't quite looking for someone to make me an svg theme around a certain image. lol I was just wondering if it could or couldn't be done and if it couldn't what stops this from happening? I mean I can make a normal picture a background, the .gif is viewable in the bb picture viewer just like a normal one but is not animated on the background. How is this possible? I am just confused that's all. My friends "dumb" phone does something cool like this and my "smart" phone doesn't!!! lol Sorry for the miss understanding.

Thank you for your time and concern,
    Hank
    Last edited by azstar; 01-11-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: format edit

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your "smart" phone has wayyyy more capabilities than your friends "dumb" phone. Having an animated homescreen isn't a high priority though. If you want that get a razr or somethin~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FailedAngrMgmt no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea I feel you, but at the end of the day, ur phone runs circles around ur buddies phone at everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    luciferseamus,
    I thank you for your response and for your offer. However, I wasn't quite looking for someone to make me an svg theme around a certain image. lol I was just wondering if it could or couldn't be done and if it couldn't what stops this from happening? I mean I can make a normal picture a background, the .gif is viewable in the bb picture viewer just like a normal one but is not animated on the background. How is this possible? I am just confused that's all. My friends "dumb" phone does something cool like this and my "smart" phone doesn't!!! lol Sorry for the miss understanding.

Thank you for your time and concern,
    Hank
    no misunderstanding, I just thought I 'd offer the only solution that I knew of.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Renagade View Post
    Your "smart" phone has wayyyy more capabilities than your friends "dumb" phone. Having an animated homescreen isn't a high priority though. If you want that get a razr or somethin~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ok Gents,
    I completely understand that the 8320 is far superior to a phone along the lines of a razor. I LOVE my BB!!! However, I am simply asking.....What prevents the Blackberry Curve or any other BB from displaying a gif file as a wallpaper (background)? A simple question friends...

Thank you for you patients,
    Hank

P.S. luciferseamus how do I get the file to you to see what you can do with it along the svg lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    ok Gents,
    I completely understand that the 8320 is far superior to a phone along the lines of a razor. I LOVE my BB!!! However, I am simply asking.....What prevents the Blackberry Curve or any other BB from displaying a gif file as a wallpaper (background)? A simple question friends...

Thank you for you patients,
    Hank

P.S. luciferseamus how do I get the file to you to see what you can do with it along the svg lines?
    I'm not really sure y the blackberry won't do it, I first tried when I got my pearl, ever since then I found that you can make a theme with the animated image and then (if done properly) the animated image looks that much better.

if you like you can E-mail me the file E-mail is in my profile
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

DisturbedXGirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24975F1F
    Hey I was wondering if someone could maybe make me a theme with animation? If so, pin me.