Just wondering what rules of thumb I need to follow regarding making my own bettery ... Software & Theme Development forum

chottomatte no está en línea Stack level 1

general rules regards battery/signal meter creation?

Advertisement

Just wondering what rules of thumb I need to follow regarding making my own bettery and/or signal meters.

Am I right in that the total canvas size (for battery meter for instance) has to be 528x40? And that each individual "meter" has to be 44x20?

Or is it only the total canvas size that matters? Or none of it matters so long as each "meter" is exactly the same size? Not sure if the number of "states" is also important or not?

Any info appreciated.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    It doesn't matter what size the image is, just as long as the size can be divided correctly. basically, for the battery meter and signal meters, the phone takes a solid image and divides that image into equal sections, for instance the signal meter has 9 sections. When the signal is high, the phone uses section 8 (i think) for the image you see on the phone. the battery meter is actually 12 sections x 2 (one section for not charging, one section for charging) So basically you have to make sure that your images are equally dividable by the number of sections it has, for instance if your signal meter was 81 pixels long, than that would be fine, but if it were 85, you would run into problems.

The easiest way i have found to do this is to take the single image and with gimp or photoshop, alter that image for each phase and save the pictures individually, so that way you know that you have 9 images all the same size, than with whatever program you want, make a new image with all 9 images stacked horizontally alligned. I actually use composer to do this, for me it just is an easier environment to work in. Hope that helps

chottomatte no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    It doesn't matter what size the image is, just as long as the size can be divided correctly. basically, for the battery meter and signal meters, the phone takes a solid image and divides that image into equal sections, for instance the signal meter has 9 sections. When the signal is high, the phone uses section 8 (i think) for the image you see on the phone. the battery meter is actually 12 sections x 2 (one section for not charging, one section for charging) So basically you have to make sure that your images are equally dividable by the number of sections it has, for instance if your signal meter was 81 pixels long, than that would be fine, but if it were 85, you would run into problems.

The easiest way i have found to do this is to take the single image and with gimp or photoshop, alter that image for each phase and save the pictures individually, so that way you know that you have 9 images all the same size, than with whatever program you want, make a new image with all 9 images stacked horizontally alligned. I actually use composer to do this, for me it just is an easier environment to work in. Hope that helps
    So not sure I understood this properly. Basically it doesn't matter what size my images are as long as they have the same number of "states" as the originals?

And when you mention as an example, signal meter being 81 px long...are you referring to one of the individual image states or the entire "length" of the image with all "units" or "states" making up the whole?

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Yes, the same number of states as the originals (also in the same order as the originals). And the 81 pixels was a representation of the whole signal image, where each state was 9 pixels in length. But it can be larger or smaller or whatever. The main thing is to make sure it is divisible correctly.