this is my first time attempting to make a theme using the plazmic theme builder. ... Software & Theme Development forum

two13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Font Help!

Advertisement

this is my first time attempting to make a theme using the plazmic theme builder. its for an 8310 (4.2.2.170). i am having a problem with the font. for most of my fonts (banner, application titles, etc...) i am trying to use trebuchet MS, but everytime i try to use it and load it on my phone, the font is not smooth. the borders of the font are very rough. how do i fix this? also if i typically have the phone at BBClarity (size 7) on my default font on BBZen, what size should i make it so its about equal. when i put it at 7, its wayyy to small. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Font Help!

true type fonts are hit/miss when it comes to plazmic theme builder.
    i haven't tried that font, but make sure that you have chosen/selected the A beside the font (there is B for bold, I for italics and A for font smoothing)

i tried that...it actually helped a little, but it was still rough. im guessing trebuchet is a font that i cant use that cleanly. (although the bPhone theme uses that font and its really clean, maybe i should ask him about it...) thanks for the help though!

anyone know what size is the equivalent of BBClarity size 7?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i am not 100% sure, but i do know that for 8pt bbcasual, its normally around 19-20pt. hope that helps a bit...

and maybe he used a modified version of that font? not sure...

yea i was looking at his font pretty closely and came to the conclusion that he did not have a border on his font. where as i cant seem to find out how to not add a border. for example, the font has the base color (mine is white) and then u have the option for a border color. i did not want a border so i just put that as white too. however i think that makes the lettering thicker. if someone knows a way to do it so you do not have to have a border, or know the color combination that makes the border clear that would be much appreciated.

thanks for you help cherri on the font size. BB clarity at size 7 comes out to about a 16 when making it as a theme font. your example helped point me in the right direction...

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3

when u make the font make sure u hit the "A" its near the bold and italic symbols. it will make it anti-alaised duuuuuuuuuuuure

djbroke119 no está en línea Stack level 2

There is a red / box when selecting font border color. Select the red slash to select no border.
    Wifey says I'm gonna get carpel tunnel if I don't put down "the berry."

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I second djbroke119 "There is a red / box when selecting font border color. Select the red slash to select no border."