In making a zen theme I'd like to overlay the focus on top of the ... Software & Theme Development forum

Super Loopy no está en línea Stack level 1

Focus Icon on Home Screen: Any way to overlay?

Advertisement

In making a zen theme I'd like to overlay the focus on top of the programs. Is there any way of doing this?

I do understand that there's an option for overlay/underlay in the Applications Icons screen but I'm looking for a way to do it on the Home Screen.

Thanks in advance!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hmm...
    It does not look like there is a way to do that.
    at first I was going to say yes, but I went into theme builder and I can't see an option like that for the home screen just the screen after you hit the menu button.

if anyone else has an idea let me know, that would be useful info.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2
    For the last two I made with Plazmic I did an "underlay" thats out to the side so its completely visible. I guess with GIMP or what ever image editor you use my image is at the very edge of the 56x38 box.
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

Yeah, I have an underlay for all my current themes too but I'd like to make an overlay on the home screen. I've yet to find a way.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    try putting the focus icon you're wanting to overlay in the focus section by the icon....does that make sense?

No.

I'm not sure you get what I mean. My focus icon that I want to be able to move around my home zen screen to select programs, I want it to be overlay.

EDIT: Ohhhh I see what you mean now. I'd have to edit every icon and then they'd be screwed up on the Applications Icons Screen. Hrmmm.

Well, only if I got the focus icon out of center from where it is normally I guess.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 09-10-2008 at 11:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    ok...in the 3rd box down in the cdk where you change the icons,put your overlay in the focus box and your icon in the normal box.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    In the box in plazmic 3rd down where you set all the icons there is a box called focus you can either check underlay or overlay. Sometimes if the under lay is real transparent it is hard to see the difference but it works I use it now and then

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    In the box in plazmic 3rd down where you set all the icons there is a box called focus you can either check underlay or overlay. Sometimes if the under lay is real transparent it is hard to see the difference but it works I use it now and then
    You didn't get what I was asking.

Catstide is on the only path I think there is possible. I'll have to play with it a bit to see if I can line up the icon in the focus icon screen with the placement of the overlay from Plazmic in the Applications Icons Screen.

Hey guys, thanks for actually taking the time to reply in the thread too. I realize these are my first posts here but I've been lurking for quite some time.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 09-10-2008 at 11:49 PM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Loopy View Post
    No.

I'm not sure you get what I mean. My focus icon that I want to be able to move around my home zen screen to select programs, I want it to be overlay.

EDIT: Ohhhh I see what you mean now. I'd have to edit every icon and then they'd be screwed up on the Applications Icons Screen. Hrmmm.

Well, only if I got the focus icon out of center from where it is normally I guess.
    they would show the overlay on the icon screen like they would on the home screen

But if I make a new icon specifically as a focus icon and it has my focus pointer in it, if I don't line it up perfectly with where the Application Icons Screen puts the focus icon, it will be doubled or off centered a bit. Kind of like having double vision.

It is absolutely possible, I just tried it. You have to be very careful on where you place the pointer in the focus icon that you make is all.

Thanks for the idea Catstide!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Loopy View Post

Thanks for the idea Catstide!

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    try putting the focus icon you're wanting to overlay in the focus section by the icon....does that make sense?
    That's what I was going to say
    **Ashmee**