Hello there all of yous. I got into this theme making not too long ago ... Software & Theme Development forum

noahjack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question dilemma is a fun word

Advertisement

Hello there all of yous. I got into this theme making not too long ago and i'm finding it rather fun.
    Heres the deal, the more i got into it, the more i started downloading 3rd party apps. Apps in which the icon can't be changed (unless they give the .jar file, which most don't).
    So here's my dilemma... when i started my first theme i wanted a complete overhaul, icons and all, but shortly thereafter, i realized im still going to have 3rd party app icons that dont match. So what i want to know is... when i make more themes, do most people want icon sets in their themes, or is it a waste of time? i know i can "hide" the ones that dont match, but then again, i wouldn't have downloaded those apps if i wasn't going to use them...if that makes sense.

dilemma #2:
    i've searched a bunch and havent found much, if anything about the topic of aligning the text in the banner objects. such as have the time "grow" left instead of right.

allrighty, back to not sleeping.

lonestarbuzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    i tend to keep my 3rd party apps in the bottom row of the icon screen (i usually use today themes). sometimes i will even put them in folders, when i build themes, i make the folder icon style match the others.

i have not found a way to center or right-justify the font in the banner. i've made a couple themes with the time "centered" in the banner, but it ends up looking funny when the time changes. now i generally put the time on the left side.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah If you need help with making icons for .jar applications let me know im all over that

noahjack no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz View Post
    i tend to keep my 3rd party apps in the bottom row of the icon screen (i usually use today themes). sometimes i will even put them in folders, when i build themes, i make the folder icon style match the others.

i have not found a way to center or right-justify the font in the banner. i've made a couple themes with the time "centered" in the banner, but it ends up looking funny when the time changes. now i generally put the time on the left side.

folder's eh? neat-o. gunna hafta look that up. perhaps in the future i'll have the time on the RIGHT SIDE! WOOO!

or perhaps i should just get some sleep...