Hi folks, I've been lurking for a while and decided to register so I could ... Software & Theme Development forum

chottomatte no está en línea Stack level 1

device application order and the simulator

Advertisement

Hi folks,

I've been lurking for a while and decided to register so I could find out a few more details. Since buying my storm, this webby and crackberry are pretty much the only sites I visit now.

Anyways, I've spent some time reading and watching vids, particularly the hidden dock and flick n slide vids. Plus a couple of others I've found through various threads.

One thing thats bugging me atm is to do with making some button dock buttons in composer using the Use Device Application Order option. Now sometimes when I make a row of buttons (regardless of whether its 3, 4 or 5 buttons), sometimes they'll show properly in the simulator, i.e. taking the correct order of the icons from within the home menu, and other times I get this strange problem.

What happens is that instead of the buttons taking on the respective icons of their order in the home menu, they all become a row of message icons. Nothing else. And they all only lead to message folder.

And I'm not sure why its happening. Is this a big within the simulator and they'll show properly on the phone, or is it (and this may well be more likely) something that I'm doing wrong?

I have a heap more questions about specifics but I'll save them for now, really wanting to iron this particular prob out first.

Appreciate any advice, thanks in advance

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    This is a normal occurrence, everyone has the problem at some point or time. Here is a response I gave someone else with the same problem, and I think they fixed it pretty quick.

Yeah this happens all the time with composer. It has something to do with the focus order in composer. You can actually change that around and it can easily get all screwed up. When doing a storm theme, the easier way is to fix it in the code. There are two lines normally that effect the icons. One has to do with the images and one has to do with what it opens. It's actually possible to have the images from slots 1-9 open up the programs from slots 9-1. So you have to find where these lines are. Depending on how big your svg is will depend on how easy they are to find. The first part for the images will be towards the top of the svg code where are the icons and images are set in there appropriate layers. it should look something like this -

useApplicationIcons app-id="slot0"

Now, what this is saying that it will use the icon image of what ever is in the first slot on the apps screen (which in plazmic is slot0, not slot1 (which is actually icon 2 and so on).

The next line is harder to find down further in the code, however, it is usually tabbed all the way to the left, while the rest of the code is tabbed over one or two spots. So once you spot it, it makes the rest of them easier to find. it looks something like this:

loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://slot0" begin="Theme_Button_3.activate"

So from your description, it sounds like are your "load scenes" are either reading slot0, or maybe just "slot" with no number. When this happens, plazmic defaults to 0.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. Been pulling my hair out here. :d

So I've been testing and still coming up with the same prob. Been driving me crazy. I've had a look at the svg file and found the first line you commented on.

Looks like this is where one of the problems is. Mine reads...

g id="bottom_icons">

transform="translate(97.8 142) scale(0.8 0.8)">

So this should read "slot5" because its for "Theme_Button_5" or it should read "slot0" then? And this is used as a "reference point" for all the others? If I understood what you meant correctly? If this is the case, then this needs to be changed for all of the buttons then yeah?

The next part of what you wrote....here is what my first line looks like

begin="Theme_Button_5.activate"/>

So again, is this supposed to read slot0 or slot5 to correspond with the theme_button_5 (from this particular example above)?

And I think I now know what might have been screwing me up. I think. In composer, although my "device application order" icons went from left to right, in the objects panel they went from bottom to top (that is, left-most icon on screen was bottom-most object Theme Button_1 in object panel). So this order should be reversed? If what I just said makes sense let me know.

One other thing, why then does this happen? Is this a plazmic bug or something I'm doing wrong?

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    It sounds like your on the right track. As far as which slot you want. Basically whatever you want to be your first icon that is to use the icon in the first space on the apps screen, is slot0, and the the second is slot1, and so on. so if you have Theme_button_1 through 5, it will start with slot0 for button 1 and end with slot4 with button 5. And the same applies to the second part you have to fix. As far as why, it has a little to do with the focus order you set in composer (i think under "interactivity", not necessarily in the object panel). But it is more of a bug than anything else, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I have gotten into the habit now of every svg i make to check to see if the slots are setup right.

Good luck.

Yeah I think I got it now.

So regardless how they appear in the object panel and/or in the svg, main thing is that theme button 1 is set to slot0 for both those lines of code and theme button 2 set to slot1 for both lines and so on.

Thanking you for the help. Most appreciated. Will post back if more probs. Hopefully different ones though. lol