Hi, all. Newb here , with two big Q's: 1. I cannot figure out how ... Software & Theme Development forum

Honeyblonde no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom Themes & Plazmic 4.5 Colors

Advertisement

Hi, all. Newb here , with two big Q's:

1. I cannot figure out how to reposition the home screen apps in custom themes. I select custom as my theme type, and can play with all expected elements except these. I've combed through the plazmic user guide (for v4.5), and on pg 28 it references using a 'custom home screen' button to the left of the inspector pane. I can find no such button. In addition, my Alignment buttons all appear to be clickable, but no matter which of them I click on, I see no corresponding graphic or font changes. (I've got all the current required theme programs installed.)

2. Do you need to use a particular color scheme for themes? I created a custom animated hourglass icon. It looks fine in my animator, and in the little square slot where I select it for my theme. However, on my BB, where I had black it is instead white. I do use transparency for the background, but can't understand why it's only not showing this one color.

One last comment... I have noticed when I check the 'about' screen on my plazmic tb, it says version 3.0.0.27 - June 2008. Is that normal? I thought it's supposed to be version 4.5??

Thanks in advance!!

:: BB Curve 8310, OS 4.5.0.55

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok to resize all u have to do is click the reposition icon bar in the instector pane.. which is to the right of the device on the screen... if u need help im here
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Thanks, Smurf.
    But I cannot locate the 'reposition applications' button, nor the 'custom home screen' one. Neither is anywhere in my Inspector.

I have eight buttons that are leftmost in my Inspector:
    theme the banner, theme the homescreen, theme the applications icon screen, theme the controls, theme the message list, theme the phonescreens, theme the lockscreen, theme the global items.

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    not your home screen but the zen screen when u select the icons u wanna put on the zen.. right inder that.. ill send u a screen shot when i get home

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

That would be very helpful, Smurf.
    I think I'm missing something that should be there.

I've attached a screenshot of my Zen/Home screen working area.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/197/Desktop/screenshot%20-%20plazmic.png[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    u said u have version 4.5?? theme builder?? im running the prog now.. hold one sec lemme check to write what i have,...

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok found the problem... when u create the theme u click on custom from the original whatever u name the theme screen.. u r right now in the zen theme.. which cannot be relocated.. in custom u can choose what icons u want displayed on themain screen and also where u create a today theme as well... hope this helps.

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

I appreciate your continued help.
    I DO choose custom in the original selection window.
    Then when I get to the homescreen ops, I can select today or zen icons, but no button exists to relocate them.

For anyone else reading this who may have experienced this problem, I think I figured it out:

I believe it was a compatibility issue with Vista. I installed/used the theme builder on XP, and all the buttons were there as they're supposed to be.

However, now I'm getting an error on export about svg/homescreen.
    I can load the theme onto my bb, and all is there, except my zen homescreen (it has only the icons homescreen). I've read removing the application icon will avoid this, but I custom-created an icon for apps; hate to lose it. Anybody know another workaround?

jgrissum no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have vista and plazmic 4.5 and am not running into these issues.
    Well, I did find that if I put the apps icon on the home screen I ran into that issue of it not exporting correctly.. once I remove that icon, I didn't have any issues with exporting it.
    Sorry you having issues.