Ok, so i have created many themes before, but i was using PTB 4.2, now ... Software & Theme Development forum

ludejim no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom theme icons not showing up

Advertisement

Ok, so i have created many themes before, but i was using PTB 4.2, now i just switched to 4.5 and i seem to be running into a problem that is bugging me. When i try to create a custom theme, i want to place 4 or five icons on the main screen horizontally. In the theme builder it shows up just fine, except the applications menu icon is not there. When i export the theme and load it to my blackberry the only two icons that will ever show up are the alarm icons and the address icons. The applications menu icon will not show up either. I am running on an 8700 so to be able to do anything after this i have to plug my bb into my computer and delete the theme that i created so that it will revert back to a theme that has the applications menu icon so i can change the options and what not. I tried creating a custom theme witht the icons vertically, like a zen theme, but i still run into the same problem. I am able to create a normal zen, icon, or today theme with the new 4.5 with no problem, but that is not what i want to do.

This picture is what it looks like in PTB

and this is what it comes out to be on my blackberry

please help me. thank you

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what OS are you running on your BB?
    if you are not running 4.5 on your BB, then the 4.5 custom themes will not work.

I am running 8700-v4.5.0.52_P2.7.0.66

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, does the browser icon appear on your homescreen? i've read just recently that when installing 4.5 on an 8700, it makes the browser go away and almost impossible to get back. so that is my first guess on that one. As for the BT icons, weird thing those BT icons ... I haven't been able to get them to change making a pearl theme since 4.2, but for some odd reason, they change for the curve, sorta .. here is my thoughts on that. The curve has an icon for 'managing connections' where an 8100 does not (and neither does an 8700) so maybe that is why your BT icons do not transfer over. it has something to do with that manage connection option.

am i making sense? lol. again, im just trying to guess why they wouldn't appear.

Before installing 4.5 i didnt have a web browser icon, then i installed it and bam i had t-zones for tmobile and now with 4.5 it works great. With a normal theme i have all of my icons and everything. When it comes to icons dissapearing with my custom theme, the only two icons that do show up are the brief case and the alarm icon, no other icons will stay on the screen. So it does not only happen to the BT icons. As for the managing connections icon and stuff, i am not sure that is where the problem resides, i think it might be something with my version of the blackberry OS, or the version of the JDK software, or other piece of software, that i have that allows plazmic theme builder to actually work

bump